Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duffy

MANC-AS Open - 28th of February 2010

42 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I have spoken to Jamie about organising a milsim type game for the end of February.

We are looking for squads of people (5+ people) to attend. This is OPEN TO ANYONE

Questions please goto: http://www.manc-as.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=7812

MANC-AS Open Tournament

28th of February 2010

At: First and Only, Bolton

Teams:

No one signed up as of yet.

General details:

The game consists of a milsim (ish) theme where each team must start off in the morning with all kit needed for the day in a day sack (food, ammo, water etc) and play without going back to safe zone. Each team needs to setup their CP (command post) and within it hold an item which will be supplied.

Rules:

* No more than 600 rounds can be on a person at one times (you may use any type of capacity magazine) apart from support gunners which is one box mag.

* Support gunner has to use a support gun based RIF, M249, M60 etc

* Medic rule will be in place, medic will hold 10 bandages. Players may be medic'd as many times bandages allow. When used up squad must return to their CP to remove bandages etc.

* FPS Limits: AEGs 370fps max, Bolt action 550fps max (minimum engagement of 35 metres), Semi auto is an AEG...

* CP items are not allowed to be "hidden", when shot with item you must make it very apparent you have dropped the item (shout "I HAVE DROPPED ENEMY ITEM")

How to win:

* Enter enemy CP

* Steal enemy item from CP and hold on til end of day

There is no set camo that your squad will use or markers to distinguish players.. If you don't know what your own squad looks like you might wanna re-think about playing.

If anyone else would like to participate on the day you will need 5+ players, PM me for details.

Cost: First and Only Members £20 / Non First and Only Members £25

Gentlemen,

Not entirely on subject, but i just wanted to say it was awesome to play alongside you on the 3rd at Asylum! My bro (Wildman) and I thought you guys kicked ass! (I was the random prat with the M14!) Look forward to playing alongside you guys in the future!

Regards,

Umbrella

hi there well i will be up for this one, but as usel i will be on my own so if there is a team i can attach my self to plese let me know asap thanks.

Any ideas when and where? It's hard to show any interest without knowing that.

I was under the impression you would be able to click the links!

1st Game - January 23rd 2010 - Op-Tactical Woodland

2nd Game - February 28th 2010 - First and Only Bolton Wooland

3rd Game - March 28th 2010 (Awaiting dates) - Op-Tactical Woodland

4th Game - April 2010 (Awaiting dates) - SWAT Airsoft Urban, Chester

5th Game - May 2010 (Awaiting dates) - Fearful Silence, Huddersfield

6th Game - June 2010 - TBA

7th Game - July 2010 - (Awaiting dates) - Weekender @ TAG Airsoft Skirmish, Worcester

http://www.manc-as.co.uk/forum/index.php?showforum=357

MAYBE if that info was there on the first 2 links you posted then i would not have had to ask in the first place...

Anyway that aside, we have some great games coming up so if anyone is interested in playing please let me know either on here or manc-as.co.uk

Squirrels are up for it :D

Of course we are probably going to get our furry tailed asses handed to us - but we will be laughing all the way :)

One point to add!

* When you leave safe zone you are not to go back there until the end of the day this means that you must take to your CP everything that you need for the day e.g. water, ammo, food, RIFs, gas etc.

More information!

Command post

Take time and consideration when choosing a location of your CP. Think about potential entry points around exiting your base, what is the likelihood of it being found by wandering enemy forces and the distance from other potential objectives. I would also look at ways or areas you can booby trap to stop any your CP getting over run. The use of sentries as well as clear exit and entry points for friendly patrols will also make life easier in the defence of the CP. Lastly set up challenges and replies if needed for the just incase.

eating/drinking

Eating and drinking in the field may be a little difficult at times. most of the Syndicate members use Jet boils to cook food and get hot water for the brews. As for food in the field you can use Ration packs or the American made MRE but they aren't for everyone, I have been using a variety of Uncle Bens boil in the bag rices as well as tinned fish to eat they only take a few minutes to eat and with the variety of flavors available there is something for all.

any FAO members wanting to form a squad and take part regester intrest bellow , bibby or my self will be there and it sounds good fun.

cheers jamie

any FAO members wanting to form a squad and take part regester intrest bellow , bibby or my self will be there and it sounds good fun.

cheers jamie

does this mean that you both will be in the team, one of you or are you just setting one up???

the two martin's and austin are pondering the possibilitys.

we're gonna be at killhouse tomoz so we'll talk properly then.

cheers martin

Update:

First game went on at the weekend at Op-tactical.

There were a few niggles, but apart from that was a great success! Please check the rules etc over the next few days for more information :)

The scores / league is made up of how many command post items you hold at the end of the day.

Current league scores:

Syndicate: 2

Op-tactical: 1

SMSS: 0

February, March and April all count! Syndicate currently hold the shiny cup, can it be taken off them? :)

from what duffy has tolds me the games last a full day non stop. i dont think there is an age restriction but you need to enter with a team of 5 to 10 people.

there is a game a month at various sites m8

oh,I thought there were only 3 games throughout the year.Cheers for the info.(presuming your on about members games)

Callum

there is a game a month at various sites m8

oh,I thought there were only 3 games throughout the year.Cheers for the info.(presuming your on about members games)

Callum

im pretty sure he means the manc-as games