You can't take the sky from me

Take me out to the black

Tell them I ain't comin' back

Burn the land and boil the sea

You can't take the sky from me

There's no place I can be

Since I found Serenity

But you can't take the sky from me...

In the years after the Battle of Miranda a 2nd Browncoat rebellion has erupted, citizens of the Alliance who despise the indiscriminate testing and treatment at the hands of the political elite.

Unfortunately successive defeats and their inability to find conclusive evidence of Alliance Reaver experimentation has soured the revolution. Malcolm Reynalds and the crew of the Serenity have been actively supporting the revolution and smuggling Browncoat search teams around the system in their hunt for evidence of the Reaver plague.

Serenity has had a tip off about an unusual Alliance presence on the moon Artemis 6, in the frontier town of Forlorn Hope. This outpost has many reports of disappearances and a large garrison of top Alliance military forces, that seems very excessive for an uncared for backwater moon. They have taken temporary residence at the town brothel, run by an associate of Inara’s.

The town is dominated by Sherriff and Mayor for Life John Bibby. A former Alliance officer, but with no love for his former comrades. He is by and large a just ruler, but the law is as it suits him rather than any Alliance rules or values. The Mayors office and Gaol are where Sherriff Bibby is housed, although he is more likely to be found in the local Saloon, holding court over the local population and his hired guns.

Racketeer & Mobster Badger has recently come to town after local law enforcement on Persephone pursued his illegitimate business interests on the planet. His enterprise has set-up shop in a warehouse on the edge of town and is trying to conduct business ventures under the Sheriffs radar. In particular rumours of Unification war loot stashed in the town by the Sheriff are intriguing to Badger, a man in need of financial support for his new life on Artemis.

The Alliance presence in the town and surrounds is heavy - too heavy. There are too many strangers in town and many may be agents of the Alliance. Strange disappearances have occurred, most never returned. Those that did, came back mad.

On top of all these gangs, the ordinary citizens are trying to live their hard frontier lives, some honestly, some not…

How It's going to Work

Firstly a reminder that this is Roleplay with Airsoft - not an Airsoft event with a bit of roleplay thrown in

Booking is not open yet, however when you book in you will be required to select a team. However some team selections will need to remain secretive, so it won't work in the same as normal booking in. Each team will have their own forum so any discussions on team play can be just between them.

The teams are:

Browncoats and Serenity Crew

Alliance Infantry Company

Badgers Gang

Sheriffs Office and Town Militia

Townsfolk

Each team will have different objectives for the weekend and differing styles of play.

Rules and schedules will be posted up later.

Who is responsible for writing the scenario? And are there going to be 'pre-set' characters (i.e. with names and plot-specific roles) outside the Serenity crew and Badger?

(READ: Who do we start pestering with our ideas for our characters?)

Who is responsible for writing the scenario? And are there going to be 'pre-set' characters (i.e. with names and plot-specific roles) outside the Serenity crew and Badger?

(READ: Who do we start pestering with our ideas for our characters?)

Feydakin will be your man to pester, but I assume if you come up with a character, just make sure it slots into one of the teams.

Seen as it's a weekender, what is there in the way of sleeping arrangements? I know that there is a camp site across the road, but are we allowed to sleep on site instead?

Thanks

Elliott

There will be a need for certain characters who will play roles that get the game moving, but a lot of character personality and story will be up to the player.

Each team will have a leader to help co-ordinate the game. Also there will be some special roles within those teams and specific sub-groups. A lot of the townsfolk will have enabling roles where they will be setting up missions or pushing players in the right direction.

According to google it should be around 2519 - 2521 if its intended to be set around the time of the series and film :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0