Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fedaykin

Suspension of Disbelief and Staying in Character

3 posts in this topic

A commentary on staying in character and similar topics.

it is important to remember that just because you know something or have learnt something by watching the TV series or reading the forum, doesn't necessarily mean that your character knows this. Most of the characters being played this weekend live on some backwater moon and have never heard of Malcolm Reynolds, River Tam or Joss Whedon. Just because you know what River Tam looks like, doesnt mean that Alliance Private Pile does. How would they know, especially if they have the paperwork to prove they are someone else?

Equally it is important that your character reacts as they would in real life, not everyone is a cool hand with a quick draw who reacts to being shot at by drawing down. How would your character react to threats or bribes? What would they think if they saw violence or unjust application of the law?

Glad you posted this up, for role playing to work one of the biggest things that is needed it honesty. I dont mean hit taking, I mean what you're talking about Fed.

Just because you know something, doesn't mean your character does and portraying that is part of the fun of the game :D

I'd give a kidney too see weekend go spot on. (I've got a knackered one anyway so I wouldn't really miss it :)

i'll be making sure i cover all these things with the guys i'm bringing with me who don't have forum accounts, as i too would like this to succeed as the weekend is overflowing with potential.