bibby

Rules

26 posts in this topic

Zombies

• Dresscode: Basically look like zombies, ripped clothes, fake blood anything goes really. full face protection is heavily advised and can be provided free
  • Zombies can only be taken down by a heart shot to the front of the body
  • a shot to the back will merely alert a zombie to turn and face you
  • a melee blow to the back will take down a zombie quietly - "Larp safe" weapons only
  • For safety purposes, headshots do not count. Also, no shooting of dead Zombies - it will not stop them coming back to life.
  • Zombies will go down until no one is watching them (upto a maximum of 1 minute) and then re-join the game on the spot
  • Zombies need to place both hands on a human player to take them out
  • Zombies can be stunned/confused by smoke grenades (not to be used in buildings)
  • Zombies will have an escalating scale of aggression which will increase as the game goes on

Survivors

• Dress code: Civilian clothing only
  • Survivors are restricted to Semi-auto/single shot pitols and shotguns only
  • "Larp safe" rubber/foam melee weapons may be used - light torso blows only
  • Survivors can only carry one firearm, plus a melee weapon
  • Maximum 50 rounds to begin with - more ammo will be available to collect mid-game

Special Forces

• Special Forces are military/SWAT/STARS style units that may or may not be used in game.
  • Dresscode: Black or Military uniform - to be decided on a per-game basis
  • Maximum 100 rounds to begin with - more ammo will be available to collect mid-game -
  • No hicaps - no speed loaders
  • Special Forces can carry a primary and secondary firearm, but total ammo restriction still counts
  • Special forces can carry pyrotechnics

Wounded Players and Medic Rules

• Shot players can be mediced back into game in the usual manner, however there are no regens and a second shot will result in Zombiefication
  • Players caught by zombies will be Zombified. The player will go down for 30 seconds then be revived as a Zombie.
  • In initial game phases Zombified players will be given a cure at the end of the game and returned to the game as humans.
  • In later game stages Zombified humans will remain Zombies

Weapons

• These are Gas and Spring only events
  • At present only LARP melee weapons provided by us are to be used
  • Standard FPS limits apply
  • Friendly Fire counts in all scenarios

This sounds awesome, will hopefully be coming to eat some brains.

Quick question, I don't think I have spotted the answer, are the zombies 'old skool' shufflers or enraged sprinting death bringers?

This sounds awesome, will hopefully be coming to eat some brains.

Quick question, I don't think I have spotted the answer, are the zombies 'old skool' shufflers or enraged sprinting death bringers?

Usually start as uncoordinated shufflers, think dawn of the dead and evolve into sprinting death bringers more akin to 28 days later. We can talk (moan) zombie tactics on the night. Remember, we can only be killed from the front :)

Think a spare pair of pants is a must for this! Lol :o

Yep, basically we'll be spending the night trying to scare the living shit out of the survivors/humans.

A few of the zombies are turning up just for the evening event. Between 4pm an 5pm.

Will there be somewhere for the zombies to get into their gear away from the survivors so we can get into character?

So our zombiness can be a 'pant soiling' surprise for them.

A few of the zombies are turning up just for the evening event. Between 4pm an 5pm.

Will there be somewhere for the zombies to get into their gear away from the survivors so we can get into character?

So our zombiness can be a 'pant soiling' surprise for them.

You'll have to be safety briefed with everyone else at 6. So if you're wanting to make it a surprise you may have to get ready after this. Richard may be able to come up with a work around, but I would go with having to get ready either with everyone, or after the brief.

Last minute and it's more out of curiosity but can a zombie be knife killed? I've been listening to World War Z and there is a bit where they mention an adapted entrenching tool they call the lobo - unfortunately I don't know where you'd get a foam rubber shovel that will bend double at this hour :P

so the ammo thing... is it 10 BBS or 10 SHOTS - like can a tri shot shotgun take 1 30bb shell into the game - 10 shots - or 10 bbs into the game - 3 shots?

cheers,

Dan

Hahaha, I figured as much!

Anyone know what the weather forecast is? Just wondering if we are looking at a Shaun of the Dead or a Dead Snow :P

hmm, might have to wear something warmer under my planned attire. :D

hmm me too....

also any particular reason were only allowed 1 gun or is it just plain evilness from a planning point of view? shame really i liked the idea of getting a scabbard for my shotgun :(

be glad i'm allowing you one gun - as these games develop i wont be allowing you to start with any guns and you'll have to track them down

I am well screwed considering my shotgun will get 2 shots at best from the starting bb's lol.

Might be able to get 2 of em in one shot - and I might just load 3 bbs into 3 shells then put my last bb into a 4th.

That is of course if my M1100 turns up in time! :D