Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bibby

3rd September feedback

26 posts in this topic

Another great day guys. I personally loved the pistol vs AEG game as I got so e great kills with my new shiny revolver :D

What did you guys think?

Cheers

Bibby

I personally had a great day as ever.

Both teams worked really well and there was definitely some great shoot-outs. From what I saw apart from a few disputes everyone played in a humourous and honourable fashion.

One little thing that happened today - The chemical bomb game - Although for the most part it went well the only thing that went wrong was using the Med block as the regen point for the Yellows. I don't know wether the Reds knew this was the regen or not but I did actually find a group of reds in there assaulting it at one point as well as some reds walking right by it seemingly unaware that it was our regen :? . This proved a problem of us not being able to fire or even move from our regen until the reds seemingly retreated to their D blocks. Those of us then left in the Medical block were unaware the bomb was on the move and had to walk around for around 10 minutes until we saw a large group of yellows on the assault and then continue the fun from there.

I think the game should definitely be done again but with a different regen point for the embassy team :)

Personal highlights of the day : Some great pyro kills and sneaking around in the bushes by D3 toward the end of the chemical bomb game picking off the odd guy before legging it back up the hill again.

Also laughing at the great man that was the guy on the unicycle whilst strafing us in the old fridge car park by the bunker in the evac game :D

an awesome day, got plenty of kills with my new AK-47, so happy with it

Everyone was friendly and awesome, plenty of could play

And found the pistols vs AEGs was pretty dam fun, looking forward to the pics taken there

Great day! :mrgreen:

Loved running round with the immortals (once i got the right team :oops: ) and the Dijin.. picked up some great skills.

My new sniper seemed to grab a bitt of attention! (the big black gas AW338).. shame its my last proper game before uni, but hope to see the immortals at the training night!

Only issues were the odd person using full auto inside, and friendly close fire.. But this all seemed to get sorted nice and swiftly!

a really good day in my opinion,

i really enjoyed one of the first outings as a member of the immortals and am looking forward to playing more games as a member of that team in the future.

personal highlight for me was the second game when me and jamie snuck into d5 and caused absolute mayhem :twisted:

as mentioned by fanatic, it was irritating having a group of reds sitting on our regen, but from what i saw this was resolved quite quickly and as far as complaints go, it is a small one.

the gas/ springer vs AEG game was particularly fun and i saw some very good play from both sides in that one (as well as being only the second time i have seen the gas/ springer team outnumber the AEG's

overall a very good day.

A great day with some true comedy moments especial the look on peoples faces as their bfgs passed each other in the air up at the firing range. Just wish i could have joined in more but bugged ribs and all:( also its seemed cursed for gun problems never seen so many aegs go wrong on a single day.

Fantastic day guys. I was part of the largest squad on the yellows who took the bio weapon to d3. We went all around the edge of the map going over the ridge and keeping low all the way to the magazine, with a spotter occasionaly looking over the top for intel. We then slowly moved thru the trees and threw a smoke onto d2 for distraction and stormed d3. Just as we pilled thru the windows we heard a shout for "5 mins remaining", with both staircases well defended "preist" became the hero and sprinted up the stairs with a lit pyro and pistol drawn with 4 people rite on his tail including me and the bio weapon. We very quikly cleared it room by room and met uP with anothe group of yellows who cleared the other staircase at the same time. We plated the bio weapon with seconds to spare. It was crazy and such a rush clearing rooms that fast.

And that was me with the bfg up by the range. I cudnt beleive it and honestly thought my own bfg had bounced off something and came back.

Also loved the guys face that got blew up by a remote det by the firing range. He didnt have a clue what it was lol.

Cant wait for the pics to be uploaded on "digital minds eye". He got some great ones of me :P

Fantastic day guys. I was part of the largest squad on the yellows who took the bio weapon to d3. We went all around the edge of the map going over the ridge and keeping low all the way to the magazine, with a spotter occasionaly looking over the top for intel. We then slowly moved thru the trees and threw a smoke onto d2 for distraction and stormed d3. Just as we pilled thru the windows we heard a shout for "5 mins remaining", with both staircases well defended "preist" became the hero and sprinted up the stairs with a lit pyro and pistol drawn with 4 people rite on his tail including me and the bio weapon. We very quikly cleared it room by room and met uP with anothe group of yellows who cleared the other staircase at the same time. We plated the bio weapon with seconds to spare. It was crazy and such a rush clearing rooms that fast.

And that was me with the bfg up by the range. I cudnt beleive it and honestly thought my own bfg had bounced off something and came back.

Also loved the guys face that got blew up by a remote det by the firing range. He didnt have a clue what it was lol.

Cant wait for the pics to be uploaded on "digital minds eye". He got some great ones of me :P

Another grand day as usual guys :D

Played in the last couple of afternoon games, and i personally think that Graham deserves a thank you for the excellent bio-weapon game scenario! Was on the yellows and defending the embassy entrance with Rick and the rest of the team for the first part of the game was bloody intense and a lot of fun. Once we had the weapon armed and the reds returned to their respective bases, a group of us ran a decoy mission assaulting D4 from the outside and kept the enemy thinking which was again fun until my Deagle jammed in the last few minutes (thanks to Rick for un-jamming it cos i couldn't bloody figure it out lol).

For the first time EVER, i was on the AEG side in the single-shot v auto game (much to Bibby's disapproval!) and had a grand time assaulting the pub, taking out my Type 89 for it's debut appearance and rocking that 3-shot burst :) Me and Andy made it all the way around to the side of the pub via the back of the TT, and i made a bust for some hard cover, almost getting a haircut from a (almost) perfectly aimed shot from Bibby's new six-shooter. Got to my cover, got shot in the bonce by someone hiding under the TT shutters, mediced back in and instantly shot in the face by the same sneaky bastard before i had chance to move away. Still fun though....

From a marshals point of view, there were very few issues, everyone played well and fairly, and some of the gameplay and tactics were a joy to watch. Especially the nutter that asked us early in the morning if he could use his unicycle and then actually did! Kudos on that one fella....

See you all at The Armoury!!

great day as per. SHame one video file got deleted (on its own) as I went to breach a window with my MGL =[ I did however, get some more footage with it =D So when my pc decides to pick up, it will be up sometime shortly! Loved everygame we played! Thanks guys =D

Had a great day as usual.

Some great sneaky moments through out the day and as said before very few issues from what i saw

And Vik, that was me and dazza under the shutters :D

Had a great day as usual.

Some great sneaky moments through out the day and as said before very few issues from what i saw

And Vik, that was me and dazza under the shutters :D

Sneaky pair of bastards lol! Good shots though guys - luckily my beard took the one to the face :)

Cracking day. Had a top bunch of yellows to work with not to mention the regular lads. You know who you are.

Some great teamwork and communication throughout with very little cheating.

Big thanks to Delta-One for getting us up there and to Glen for the bevvies and scran afterwards. Nice !

Thanks to owners and marshalls for putting on some great games and organising everything.

Highlights of the day:

Chemical Weapon game, that trek round the back fence paid off eh! Massive kudos to the support teams who kept the flanks of D3 busy as me n the others sprinted through the bottom windows. We would not have done it without you. Soon as we were through the windows, rifles down, pistols out, MK5 in, top floor was ours in 5 minutes. Endex.

Remote det kill! Poor lad crouched down at the corner of the wall at the ranges got a face full of pyro as my team were tucked away in overwatch, Result!

Fire and manoeuvre up by the ranges was good aswell. We were pinned by the wooden shack, soon as we got our act together and got moving we had the whole ranges taken in minutes and the rest of the field behind it!

Getting pinned from all sides by the reds. Can't remember which game it was, but we were in between the fence, the Red regen and D4 I think, got pinned down in and around the trees. Good reactions from my team but good effort from the Reds for pinging us and closing in on the kill. Nicely done!

Downside to the day:

I didn't have a Systema. (thanks for letting me use yours Jack. I know where my next 3 million pounds is going now.)

Lofty, Stink, Glen, Delta-One, Jack, Warlock, Chris, Mark and everyone else who I rolled with but can't remember, you're all legends and look forward to fighting alongside yous again.

Priest

Glad to read that everyone had a good day and enjoyed themselves. As I was on the red team and can't comment on how good the yellows were, only to shoot at lol, I can comment on how the group of reds I was with all played really well together with lots of good comms and team work. All in all another great day up at Anzio.

I got some good long range kills with my trusty TM Sopmod which always makes a man smile. And even a few kills with my WE M4 CQB GBB before it decided to play up, damn gas weapons.

I enjoyed holding off a group of yellows with my pistol, that is until I cleaned out 4 mags and got shot smack bang on the top of my head. Lol!

Can't wait for the next time my leash is slackened by the wife so I can try and repeat what was for me the best Saturday at Anzio I've had in ages.

Cheers guys hope to shoot with you or at you again soon ;)

Wooty

We had an excellent day (as always). This skirmish was the start to a long weekend of Airsofting, since we went straight from Anzio to a night skirmish then played on the Sunday as well. To say we are tired would be an understatement.

I personally saw some exceptional gameplay from both sides, some intense scenarios and a lovely day for it too.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks also to the marshalls for doing such a great job as always. We will be back again soon!

Had a great day again.

Good honest play by everyone i saw all day.

The scenarios were particularly good. I cant beleive the yellows (including myself) missed the landy fuel can in the embassy when we looked straight at it 3 times...

Everyone played well for the chemical weapon game, bit of a break down in communication as only half the reds knew that they were meant to be falling back to the accomodation blocks.

Really enjoyed breaking the stalemate attacking D4 sneaking up then charging at the windows on the corner, Sorry to the guy i shot in the head, i did try to aim for centre mass :| .

All in all great day :D

Always good to see some video footage, enjoyed the bit when the you & a few others got blew up with the pyro! I was watching from d2 upstairs window. Classic scene!

One request thou, please can you not have backing music playing so loud on your edited vid. It could be that it's just not to my taste ... See you next time at Anzio. Phil

This being my (about) 8th visit to Anzio, my expectations were that it was going to be a good day- and I wasn't disappointed!

Previously there have been some scenarios which non-players or beginners like me found a bit confusing and you just defaulted to shooting the opposition. This time however all scenarios ran smoothly and there were several examples of the best sportsmanship I've seen since starting playing last year. The good marshalling continued, with noticeable use of knowledge of the site being put to good use- being present at potential flash points etc.. before or as they were happening.

The only downside was the final game 'pistols v aeg's'. I've always enjoyed this game and with more people using pistols this time than usual thought it would be just as good. If you read some others report of the final match you'll wonder what I'm going on about- I think that this is because those individuals were fighting in the Bar building whereas myself and about 20plus others waited in the Embassy. By the time we thought about moving because hardly any AEG player had tried to take the building it was game over! I think it went wrong as the pistols and gas weapons were told to go into either the bar or the embassy and wait for the AEG's to attack. There wasn't enough AEG's (possibly) and with the majority sticking to assaulting the Bar meant that hardly any shots were fired in the Embassy

I still ended the day on a high though. With good flowing games and good weather too, role on the next time :D

Ah apologies lol, when I switch my AV over to digitalTV or Scart the volume is really high, so I lesser it on PC mode which in turn makes me enhance the audio manually (amplify) xD My bad lol.