Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The General

11th September feedback thread

39 posts in this topic

Great day guys. I really enjoyed seeing some of the great play, tactics and spirit shown at our newest site. Made it more fun than usual to marshal. :mrgreen:

I know the brambles were brambly and the thorns were... erm, thorny! We will be doing some more work making more area's clear and improving paths with build days. So if you fancy a trip down to help out and get a free game day in return, watch this space! Site will improve and we will build on this great site. I know I am biased but I think the potential for this site is immense and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did. Can't wait to play this site.

What did you guys think?

Cheers

Wayne

Any ETA on pictures and where :)

cheers

Lol! Doubt many have even got home yet, probably start to appear next day or so. Will link once they are uploaded by the relevant people.

Had a quality day,was really impressed with new site and with loads more potential gonna be a tie with anzio for away days.

So many sneaky ways round,its a ninjas wet dream.

Also if that is gonna be the quality of sportmanship on show will definetly be back

Thanks to all the marshalls and especially bongo, know how hard hes worked on getting the site ready.

Fantastic day, its been a pleasure to marshal today. The site played well, and is only going to get better in my opinion.

However, its now adams turn to have his car towed back by the AA. For those who saw us at the end of the day, its not his battery. Engine is seized for some reason.

Fantastic day, its been a pleasure to marshal today. The site played well, and is only going to get better in my opinion.

However, its now adams turn to have his car towed back by the AA. For those who saw us at the end of the day, its not his battery. Engine is seized for some reason.

Nightmare! :(

Wow what can i say best days airsoft in well as long as i can remember thanks to everyone who made today what it was... AWESOME !!!!

to be absolutely honest the site, the marshalling, the games everything was absolutely spot on, except getting shot in the face (that was not a good time :P)

i shall definetly be attending again as often as possible

thanks again guys, no seriously thank you, thank you, thank you.

Drew :)

Had a great day exploring, climbing, falling, fighting brambles and getting shot a lot from guys I couldn't even see six foot in front of me. Echoing what others have said, credit to the marshalls for keeping people honest and generally giving great direction and 'live feedback', not just when people were doing things wrong- thanks guys! The site itself is immense, could do with a few more paths chopping through the foliage as it were but I am sure that will come in time.

Fantastic day, my best at an F&O site yet, thanks to Bongo and all the marshals out there today and I want to give them extra credit for encouraging and complimenting good play as well as correcting bad play.

Only suggestions would be perhaps a little sign posting around the site; it's such a spread out, large site that it was difficult to locate key buildings, even with the map, it didn't detract from the day though and i had a lot of fun doing battle with the thorns and brambles, as well as the stripes team! :)

Liking the site and the amount of work thats gone into it so far really shows. Can't really fault the gameplay or marshalling, saw a few incidents being delt with very quickly.

With the site being so new I think there was an element of people getting bogged down due to uncertainty over building locations/obvious viable paths - I had to drop two guys from Liverpool off and one of them suggested getting signs on the buildings similar to how the Anzio ones are labelled up - if this compromises the historical interest aspect/would be seen as vandalism then maybe some non permanent signs that can be staked to the ground (and hopefully not swapped about wacky races stylee :lol: )

I think it would be interesting to see some intersecting paths cut into the various bushes to allow a bit of sneakiness/close quarter maze contacts, there is only so performing of the tactical worm I can do to clear paths :D

Odd that for a site in Wales today was dryer above and below ground than Bolton, can't help thinking the site will play very differently once those 4x4 tracks turn to mud...

A bloody brilliant day one of the best ive played and marshaled at in some time fun site which will only get better great play all round my only wish was that i didnt jump in that thorn bush but live and learn eh.

After tea and biscuits back home few of us clanged heads and came up with some feed back and don't get me wrong the site is brilliant im not ripping into it just trying to help.

1. Signage - Might just be team bacon but no one had any idea where we were most of the time and i appreciate you cart go sparing building labels on walls like at anzio being of historical interest but some signs would be fantastic.

2. Better way of calling end ex - Air horn or what ever simple.

3. Flags or objective markers - Something to let players know this is a objective and maybe different colors to let them know who holds it.

4.Motor pool - Probably not the f&o rusty steed landys but something like a quad bike for marshals nipping around on dropping off objectives and worst case dragging some one with a broken ankle back to safe zone.

5. Warnings about game length - with the first couple of games running back to back and the site being quite large a lot of people (me included) didn't take water or plenty of ammo out with them.

and lastly just something that needs watching as it was the only real problem i saw was full auto in and around buildings

o_0 what are you and Adam doing to these poor machines Tim honest to god ive never seen anyone have as many problems as you too with their motors.

currently drinking some beers and totally cream crackerd great day apart from ripped new combat pants (christ it was thorny) loved the challenge of the site will be back

fantastic day today, battered, broken, cut, bruised and about to try and book time off work for the next game.

As always brilliant work by the F&O marshals keeping us all in check, one think I'd add is on the booking thread it might be an idea to warn people just how thorny it is and long sleeves might be an idea if you don't want to look like you've gone 10 rounds with an angry cat.

Brilliant sportsmanship all round- can't wait for next game

Well worth the 500+ mile round trip .

We decided to come down at the last minute, and are we glad we did. Cracking site , even in it`s current condition. This is definately going to be "the jewel in the crown " of the F&O portfolio !

I would echo everyone else`s feedback re the brambles ,paths and signage. Perhaps signposts at junctions of the paths pointing you in the right direction ( probably get stolen / vandalised by the local neds ). Really like the different terrain of the site, it`s almost like 3 sites in 1. The area at the south end of the site, near the river is excellent, and when the work on the "wilds" area is done it will be fantastic.

We will definately be back down for another game in the near future , and probably in force !

Johno & Nomad guys.

Hi guys, sorry about the motor...bad news. (Managed to 'T-Cut' my Alfa back into shape after your door blew open and twatted mine !)

On the day itself.....fantastic. REALLY good day. All players were playing fair(the one's i came face to face with anyway) and the atmosphere between everybody was one of just mutual enjoyment. The longer afternoon game was a little disjointed but i think that is down to the size of the two teams, all the objectives available and not all of us having radio comms on the same frequency. However, i do understand that this allowed everyone to have there own small group battles and explore the site for future use. Still bloody good fun either way......

Be really good at some point in the future to have a 'role play' simulation game through the afternoon with the marshalls playing the role of commanders etc and issuing specific orders and objectives. The site is just perfect for something along those lines.

All in all a great day....will defo be coming back to play regularly. Thanks for bringing F&O to North wales.

(also thanks for the hospitality on sat night)

Cheers.

Outstanding photos WAFLs glad we got some good photos of opening day

Can clearly see my trousers are intact early afternoon but a noticeable hole in them later after i'd crawled through the brambles

Great day, Had loads of fun. village area was interesting, lots of sneaky places to creep around. would like a game involving the tunnels a bit more. there wont be as many thorns next time either cause spent the day collecting them in my knees.

WAFL turn out was great, nice to meet a few new guys. we may not be fit but we will still shoot you dead.

thanks to the f&o staff for an awesome day at a quality site. and if anyone finds half a tooth its mine.

re :the_petes, mate your post is spot on, im sure thats what bongos looking for, proper constructive critiscm and suggestions.

Small things but stuff that will help so much in the long term. I'll echo what everyone else has said and what an awesome day, for an opening event with no play testing beforehand, high numbers and a new players 1st game it went really smoothly and played well, all id like to see is longer games, I found doing MASSIVE flanking manouvers resulted in death,medic, death and by time you respawned the game was running low on time. On the last game before the shotgun v aeg i ended up just going full frontal assault to get stuck into the action near the end.

Also big thanks to the WWII Guy who game to save me from the ninja marshall by grabbing 5+ team mates to go hunt him down, a well placed pyro and a medic and I was back in action wohoo!

And Jamie - that Magpull MS2 sling was really really comfy and practical too, big thanks for the demonstration :D

I'll also pretty much echo what everyone else has said, brilliant day although the undergrowth didn't play nice!

With regards to the site, it felt absolutely HUGE - quite often went on a ramble only to come back 5 mins before the end of the game. Longer games would most certainly lend themselves perfectly to this sort of site, taking detours and finding sneaky routes takes a lot of time. During the first game we finally found a big sneaky route round the back but only got there with 1 minute of game time left!

Signage would be useful but I'm not sure just how useful it will be. Once people know the site it'll be less of an issue.

Came all the way down from Scotland for the game day and really enjoyed it. Great site and will get better the more it is played and developed.

Thanks to everyone involved will be back soon.