Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Treebeard

Feedback 15/10/2011

17 posts in this topic

Well then boys and girls, what a day it's been. the marshals and I saw some excellent play today. we hope you had fun. so as always. it's over to you for your feedback

See you all again soon,

Treebeard

Another excellent days fun for me, thanks to all that made the experiance more than worth the trip up.

hey guys thanks for the day on Saturday. had a fantastic day although i think i owe an apology to the marshall in the basement on the floor clearence game that got a face full of shotgun i just saw movement and assumed (wrongly) that it was other team. sorry. :oops:

as for improvements, as I told Alex at lunch a map would be good, doesn't have to be overly in depth basic layout sort of thing would help no end. maybe try to utilse the basement more in games. the orange light is a nice addition, gives a little light yet keeps the shadows. maybe it would be good to use black lights in areas and some more obsticles down there. move from pitch black to more very dimmly lit area.

territory games may need to be re-scored the last two times ive done these we've held the top floor with minimal people almost unchallenged. first time me and trogg held control 4 and state room on our own, second time three of us held the state room almost unchallenged.

other than that the games are well structured and well thought out leaving good game plays and challenging scenerios.

I had a great time (again). Only suggetsion I can make is to paint the low ramp in the basement white so it stands out a little against the concrete :oops:

First time to the Embassy for 2 friends and me. Game scenarios were brilliant, even the fighting to get control stairwells and the control room 4 were great fun. We loved the game where the stripes were on constant respawn and forcing the non-striped players back to various check points. We were stripes and the control room 4 assault was epic!

Only issue I saw was the inability to identify people in the basement. I think that there were a few times where we had stripes v stripes. Probably just poor comms from a team point of view....

Will certainly go again.

When are the pictures going to be posted?

Thank you all for a great day on Saturday! There was some great game play! And great standards from every one! This made it a thoroughly enjoyable day!! The only thing I found was a few of the younger players were a bit excitable and despite hand held high and shouting "Dead Man" I got lit up by a couple tiny people several times! And got a friendly fire from the excitable little chaps too!! I know we should encourage them, but may be a under 16's day for them would be good for them? Marshalling was to the usual high standard! Although a Couple of new faces seemed to be a bit shy on confirming basic rules? ie banded or non banded shout outs? Even after TB had raised this between games!

Apologies again to you TB for shooting at you as you came through the door!! But hey!! If you forget to shout Marshall!!! I guess I'll get to pay for that one though!!!

Great day though thanks to every one!!!

First time to the Embassy for 2 friends and me.

It was quality! Highlights for me included storming the top floor when on constant respawn (it was easy to get carried away) and even though I got pelted on my gentleman's area a couple of times, legging it to control room 4 with nothing but a pistol and my optimism made for some really close, intense fire fights. Gameplay in and around the fort was generally great, and all the offices were fun especially because the doors are wedged open.

By far the best bit was sneaking up behind some unsuspecting non-banded chap in the basement in the last game and demanding a surrender - thank god he put his hands up: it was too dark for him to see that the pistol I was aiming at him had the top slide locked back. I think the marshal nearby enjoyed that!

Only improvements I would suggest is making sure there's a little breathing space between spawn point and fights - same problem happens at the asylum every now and again where one team just keeps the other pinned in their spawn (even saw a few non-banded IN our spawn at one point!).

I like the basement how it is, the risk of friendly fire and literally bumping into the other team is what makes it interesting.

Fair marshalling all day as usual and Treebeard makes a good host.

Will be back in a hurry.

good game play throught the time i was there with a few new faces getting stuck in ! got my bumhole shot "you know who you are " revenge will be mine!

every one had smiles and didnt see any tempers high wich is what its all about every one having fun!

had a great day as allways, was fun rolling through rooms with Aidan and Chandler and kicking some butt!

Personal highlights include jinking round the door of the room where the player had knifed one of my side and taking him out with my pistol.

Also enjoyed the last game of the day as allways, love the fort!

first of four vids there work in progress as i get used to the cam

cheers jamie

1 person likes this

Maybe never. The guy taking photos on saturday and on sunday at the asylum had a failure during transfer and lost some 700 odd photos out of 800.