Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The General

15th October feedback thread

32 posts in this topic

Weather was really good and some interesting gameplay from my perspective.

What did you guys think?

Cheers

Wayne

I brought down a pretty large group of first timers and they all loved it, so thanks to the guys at First and Only for making it such a good day. Looks like some of the guys are looking at getting memberships etc so should be seeing more of them soon.

on another note, was a sig 226 mag handed in. It will be in an olive drab mag pouch.

Cheers

Sully

1 person likes this

had fun at the start but way to many people not takin hits not just from me but others i was playing with and alot of overkill but that was quickly addresed by a marshall, but overall was a gud day. need to play the attack and defend game type more often! :D reminds me of battlefields rush mode sort of!

First time at Anzio and really enjoyed it! Was told it would blow my mind and it certainly did

Did feel the yellow team weren't agressive enough in attacking the buildings we were defending. Or maybe they were just not as good as us reds :D

and what fantastic weather we had too.

Must remember to make a laminated mini map so I know what all the D buildings are as I really didnt have a clue

Absolute awesome day not many problems I don't think bar a few incidents of overkill but that was soon overcome by the marshalls :D I had a lot of kills and I especially enjoyed the game were we had to blow the armoury up :P all in all a fantastic day

Thanks f n o xx

All in all a good days skirmishing, I really liked the format for the Battlefield Rush style game, i think it should definitely be used again, id be even tempted to suggest having something as a phsyical objective in each of the buildings like the jerry can or cargo crate thats sometimes used in other games?

There was a couple of cases of overkill and/or non hit taking but not half as much as people were claiming. I didnt see as many marshals around as normal which might be why people kept going on about it? Im only guessing.

The yellow team (i was one of them) sometimes lacked a bit of direction, such as in the battlefield game, 90% of the team kept trying the direct route in a face on assault, so when a few of us tried flanking, it didnt make much of a difference. I might be wrong but thats why i think it felt slower paced to some game days.

Still a good day out :)

was a very good game day. there were a few instances of overkill and full auto'ing when they shouldnt have been for example getting shot about 12 times from the top floor of a D building when i was stood just outside the building.

but non the less it was a good day. though i still owe bongo a good shoeing with my pistol

also my rib still hurts from a nice grouping of shots during the pistols vs aeg game

any clue when the pics that photographer took will be up?

1 person likes this

It was well worth the trip for me coming down with Scout and Keith. Next time i will bring more of the scottish lot and the really have a game. Thanks for the cracking games and the banter

Kenny

Photo's are on SCouts facebook page

I had a cracking day, me and the rest of the Cartel will definitely be coming back for more! I agree, the yellows needed a firework up their arse before they did anything! Shame we didn't get more attacking missions really.

Oh and yellows, we still got your reporter! :twisted:

Excellent day overall, though there were some bulletproof monks running around, and at one point I did see one player firing away at people whilst medicing a team mate. There were also a couple of instances of people firing full auto indoors, and I heard someone telling a friend about some blind firing going on. That said, all these issues had one thing in common - the marshals jumped all over them right away - so very nicely done. :D

With that minor detriment out of the way, now on to the positive!

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to all the marshals and players for making it yet another excellent day out with some very nice games and some excellent firefights. Special mention to Jamie S, Andy Comery, Major and Duncan for being such excellent team mates as always, and to Bongo for being such a great sport about my sneaky little assassination of him. I am sure his payback shall be mighty! :P

Firefights of special mention were the Rush game - defending first D3 and then the Embassy was an absolute blast, as well as the game where we had to blow the magazine. There were so many yellows in D4 in that game I thought they were growing out of the walls! :D

Definitely geared up for the next time!

is there a link to Scouts facebook page so we can take a look at the pics? or can we get them up on photobucket?

No worries! :D

Does anyone have any more photos or videos up, as there were tonnes of people around with helmet cams and other cameras?

Cheers,

Dan

There was one scottish guy (not the one above) running around with an DSLR, just after you (Dan) took out Bongo in the D building with your 1911, he followed me for a while just before that game ended.

Hahaha, yeah, my one moment of glory plugging Bongo all sneaky like! :P

There was one fella with a hand held camera who I bumped into in the stairs of one of the D buildings - D3 I believe - during the "Rush" game, anyone know who he might be on this forum (if he's on here, that is?)

Had an amazing day! First time to anzio! And now making in my regular site! Would like to know who the 2 red players I made surrender in embassy was :)I felt so epic haha.

I've only found the pictures on Scout's facebook page. Go onto Facebook and search for "Scoutthedoggie" and in the photos there is an album for the 15th. :D

kieth uploaded 2 videos with the tarts, bother 30 plus minutes long. other than that im quite disapointed how little footage is about, hopefully in next few days more will pop up

Gotta bear in mind guys editing can be a tedious process if you've got many Gb's of footage to work on. The footage should be up soon enough though. Heres one on Scout's channel uploaded today.

-Dazza

Oh so very true, I just gave up on trying to edit my old footage and upload it as is now :P

Cannot wait to see what footage everyone got!

Dan was that when we were defending the embassy? Where Jamie nearly blew his family jewels off with a flashbang? (bounced off the doorframe back at him) and the rest of us were running away