Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bibby

Saturday 29th feedback

45 posts in this topic

Another good day today guys, what did you guys think of staying out all day for the games and just breaking for lunch?

Cheers

Bibby

A real epic day!!! One of the best days Airsofting I think I have had in ages! As Iam there nearly all the time since Anzio opened, I think that playing all day and just breaking for lunch was a real Excellent idea, As people were being more careful with there Ammo and just "spraying n praying" as what normally happens when its a hour or two game, It made for some real intense fire fights and alot more "up close and personal" encounters, Especially when attacking or defending buildings, It made the whole day I think alot more Tactical and really made every player be more careful with there shots and not just pumping as many rounds as they can at people and hoping for a hit, Even the new players to airsoft were being careful with there ammo.... which a first in the airsoft world lol,

But big Thinks To Bibby and the Marshals and everybody who turned up.

"ODIN" Jack

Hi,

this was my first visit to both a F&O site and Anzio but I am a regular player at other sites. Have to say that i was impressed by many things:

1) Marshalling- a good ratio of marshalls to players. They were also there to enforce the rules and not to look good (as much as you can in a bright yellow vest!).

2) Game set up- As above, I think that the concept of playing straight through to lunch really helps keep the game going (and stops you freezing your b******s off waiting for everyone to load up again and again. I also liked the linked games, nothing big here but just helped the whole day flow.

3) Standard of players- the majority of players I came across were great, some good banter and great instances of sportsmanship. Whether this was 'encouraged' by the standard of marshalling, I dont know, but I liked it.

On the side of 'constructive criticism', there were a few instances of bumping in to the opoposition in a dark corrdior where one team would call out (for example) "red?". The other person would reply "yes" and then a get a BB for their honesty. Whilst some people may not see this as 'cheating', I think that if you challenge a players side/colour, you should only be calling out your own, not the oppositions. If in doubt, you can shoot and ask later. (i.e. if you are on the blue team, you should challenge "blue" and not "red"). Not sure if this may be a rule, but I didnt pick it up in the briefing.

Anyway, thanks for a great day, I will definately be back...hopefully sooner rather than later. A few more days like today and this could become my regular airsoft site.

Fallschirmjager (the guy with the temperamental/crap impact BFG from the briefing)

hi Fallschirmjager

cheers for the feedback glad you had a good day. On the colour challenge rule that was my fault as i forgot to go through it in the briefing!! sorry about that i think the cold got to me :-) our normal rules on this are that if issued a colour challenge you can either answer honestly or not answer at all. so if there is no answer you know they are the enemy. anything else is considered cheating at my sites.

i hope this clears it up for you and hope to see you again

cheers

Bibby

Amazing day and like my fellow team member Jack said, it was one of the best days weve ever had and we have been airsofting for 4 years. Got some awesome kills with my new p226 i bought that day including 2 people i double tapped in the back after they killed a fellow "ODIN" member (that will teach them) and also got a 5 man bfg kill upstairs in one of the D buildings.

Cannot wait for the new website to be up with hopefully some of team "ODIN" on the front :P.

Thanks again guys, i know our lot definately enjoyed it.

"ODIN" Chris

was another fantastic day at anzio. just myself and stabby repping for the WAFL's as we couldnt attend the sunday with the rest of the lads an ladies

cant wait till the next time

Hi guys,

I thought Saturday was a pretty good days skirmish, with some interesting, well thought out games. Congrats to the Reds for their overall victory on the day!

Highlights for me were the standard of the marshalling - superb as always - and the fixed regen "bases" for the days, that was a pretty cool mechanic to base the day around. Managing to take Duncan and the small group of Immortals down to D5, with Andy and Jamie keeping the Reds busy whilst myself and Duncan got into the building through opposite sides and both blow the central courtyard within seconds of each other was some awesome stealth. The Reds never even saw us until after the detonation. :lol:

Big thanks to Jamie, Andy, Duncan and Martin for having my back, and massive thanks to Priest and the rest of the ODIN guys for the sheer level of teamwork that was present from you all. Having you all providing cover for me whilst I got the bomb to the Bunker in the afternoon demolition mission was pretty damn awesome. We had a plan, we stuck to it, and when problems occurred we adapted and we moved on. Well and truly a job well done!

First time we've travelled up north and I can confirm it wasn't grim at all! In fact, it was a great day, very well organised, cool location and all round brilliantly done. Could do with some Amazonian massages for all those aches and pains afterwards though.... and not from you lot of hairy bikers!

Great day and great job John and co

Was my first time at the site and I had a great time, as did the guys who I came up with. Noticed a few photographers going around taking pics of ppl in game. When/ where are these likely to be posted?

Cheers

Chaos

Well this is my second time airsofting and my second time here and I can say that only stopping for lunch was a good idea. There were loads of firefights with everyone on the front line which really got the adrenalin pumping. We also spent some time in the D4 corner room and just gunned down everyone who came through the field, I managed 5 kills before I got hit and I'm a newbie.

All in all, a great day, I would really love to get into airsofting properly now ;)

How did i know you would start this thread?

Id love to see them too and jamie, could the ODIN guys get some of the photos you took first thing with the smoke screens and stuff or are they strictly for f&o only? Id love to have them on my iphone.

"ODIN" Chris

Yep, cracking day as always. Very well organised and marshalled.

Think the 'breaking only for scoff' concept works quite well.

Some great plays from the red team aswell as my own blues.

Priest

ODIN

the pics are being worked on as we speak and should be up asap, if you guys send me your email address i should eb able to sort you out a few copies for yourselves

cheers

bibby

I am digging the photo of me after I managed to sneak up on the Magazine without any Reds noticing. If only I knew you could get in it from behind I'd have been well away - shows how I need to spend more time up that end of the site!

This was my first time at Anzio, and with the days performance i think we will be coming again pretty soon. As you would expect, fantastic banter was dished out, verballly and physically (mainly in the briefing area XD) brilliant game 'modes', nice to know that there was always a marshall nearby if you ever needed one and like most have already stated: the whole idea of breaking only for noms was brilliant - no time lost = more pewpew. Got a fair few kills and deaths, my favourite being the one on the person i was ghosting for a while on the 2nd to last game near the embassy building. All things considered splendid day out and evenly priced.