Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tumbler

Photos from the 10th

10 posts in this topic

Ok then just finished going through the pictures from yesterday and have started the upload. Photoshoped a couple that can be found here:

http://digitalmindse...7016316_GjFGVvr

The rest are uploading as I type and can be found here: (although at the rate they are going it may take a while).

http://digitalmindse...7032899_3Tdc8pn

Hope you like them.

1 person likes this

Good turn out today guys and some good games. the snow made it interesting with a few people trying to get kills with snowballs like giant bb's.

I personally loved playing ayatollah and holding up at the magazine!

Here are the pics

http://www.firstandonlyevents.co.uk/2011/12/gallery-%E2%80%93-anzio-10th-december-2011/

write up what you think of the day.

Cheers

Vin.

Good day all round although the yellows "really" needed to push a bit more, we reds found ourselves defending objectives from pretty much nobody - very little resistance all day.

Good day, the odd mis hap, not taking hits etc, but this won't be avoided. I had to go back to the safe zone after the first couple games to reload mags etc, but again, if i'd have been more selective with cover fire etc, this would have been avoided. On the whole, a good day, took a newbie with me, along with another friend who's been several times before, and the newbie, along with us two will be back again!

Cheers guys!

One of my best days at Anzio if I was honest :D

Magazine/ayatollah part was such a laugh, even when we decided to "take the fight to the yellows" and ran back into Magazine :D

Then the protect the ayatollah mission to get to the armoury... what happened to the rest of the reds? Ended up myself and the ayatollah trying to get there on our own, but some really good teamwork with Ayatollah Andy through the embassy and medical block.

Did manage to get my first surrender kill it went like this: two guys hiding in parade ground bushes, hit one from medblock and was running across parade ground when I nearly stepped on his mate, stood above him and asked him if he would like to surrender or it would be painful... he decided to surrender :D Ran into armoury expecting to find ayatollah dead with some sneaky yellows but they were no-where to be seen so we won that round !

Great day and really good weather considering the rest of the NW was in a deluge of rain and hail!

Didn't see many issues you sometimes see and the players were all quite fair to each other, kudos to the bloke in the pub during the escalating engagement who took the hit even though my pea grenade didnt go off at your feet :D (you had the mohawk and the F2000 I think!)

Had a great day!

Very impressed by the standard of gameplay by all I saw. Sportsmanship was the order of the day as far I witnessed - I don't think I personally encountered any grumbles or saw any folk not registering hits, especially creditworthy considering how well wrapped up we all were!

Visiting on my own, it is nice to encounter a site where the locals are friendly, accommodating and not cliquey and as per usual I was made very welcome by folk, particularly the rest of the yellow team. The usual high standard of F and O marshalling was evident - other sites could learn a lot.

My only (albeit minor) gripe was a lack of comms between the various groups in the yellow section which meant that me and the guys I was with often didn't know how we were progressing through objectives and/or where the rest of the team was.

See you all in 2012 :)

Haha that would be me i beleive, oh and it was a P90 just doesnt look much like one anymore.

That grenade came through the window i kept sticking my head out of and all i could think (and shout) at the time was Sh*t. lol it was a sweet throw and i knew i wouldnt have time to wing it so took the hit and walked out of the pub expecting an almighty bang only to hear the fizzle of the fuse going out haha.

The whole day was brilliant, i only came across one incident of someone not taking a hit but on a site with that many people i believe it to be a monumental success, Hats off (not that i can get one on me blinking head with this bloody hair) to all the marshalls and all the players for good sportsmanship and an all around good day.

Cheers

Spike

Edited by Spike182

Good day, the odd mis hap, not taking hits etc, but this won't be avoided. I had to go back to the safe zone after the first couple games to reload mags etc, but again, if i'd have been more selective with cover fire etc, this would have been avoided. On the whole, a good day, took a newbie with me, along with another friend who's been several times before, and the newbie, along with us two will be back again!

Cheers guys!

BUY MORE MAGS :-)