Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimjogg

7th Jan feedback thread Anzio / now with pictures

69 posts in this topic

Hi guys a great day today. Concedering there were over 150 players today all went well only a few problems appeard in the late afternoon and i had to jump on a few. But that said a hard days gaming and i saw loots of great airsoft moments and sports manship.

But as usual your thoughts are welcome good or bad. ? Cheers jamie

Pics can be found here:

http://www.firstando...h-january-2012/

yet another great day lots of freindly people (even if jamie called me two tone in the very first game and aked if id played before :o grrr) oh well. the marshals were great even if there wernt many issues. got to try my new sniper the bright green one. got some good kills with that. thanks to the guy who gave me a speed loader it made realoading the mags so much better looking forward to seeing the pics.

Edited by edditor
1 person likes this

Enjoyed going all stealthy for a little while... and then the casual shooting of someones bum crack ;) hahaaa.. Had better days, but was alright considering wind and the amount of people

1 person likes this

Agein, an amazing day! first time down at anzio and it was sure a great on! had fun sneaking in the pub and getting mobbed by 20 people haha, nice play by all and great having to try out the new MP5 we got, also, thanks for all that came!

really good day today , liked the game play ( got lots ov kills and i think the red team kicked ass :) )

there was some ov the best fire fights i have had

considerin the amount ov people there it did not feel over crowded or any hangin about

i for one did not see any problems

cheers to jamie and all marshals :D

Few too many people for me - prefer it when its around 80-100, but considering the numbers the standard of gameplay throughout the day was extremely good. Wind was a bitch but you deal with it, gun issues for us didn't help too much but all in all; good game and glad to be back into the swing of things after the new year! Roll on Bolton next Saturday!

great day, couple of incidents with suspect hit taking,but the marshells dealt with issues promptly and rightly :)

Some great gameplay around the bunker and d1 in the afternoon ;)

Edited by barmyarmy

Very good day, the most people i've seen at Anzio I think, didn't really get into the swing of things properly until just after lunch due to both of my AEG's being too hot, however once that was sorted, saw some very good gameplay, particularly enjoyed holding out on the top floor fending off the army of reds attempting to get upstairs in D1 or D2 (Can't remember which it was). Didn't notice any problems at all which is good considering the amount of people there, all in all, enjoyed it very much :)

Great day for yonks, I was really happy. Best time of the day was defending D2 with Silent and couple of other guys and reds all around us. Tons of kills, never saw any issues, great day. I love it when there are tons of people and it plays well :D

very good day from my perspective, wind was annoying but aside from that it was a good day, games all went very well and there were no player related issues that I could see of.

got tons of kills ad marshalling was very high quality (as usual). i hadn't been to anzio for some the due to work commitment so this was a brilliant day to come back to.

i had one of the best days airsoft, as said befor wind was a bich, best bit was when i was in a bush buy D5 and 7 yellows went past me and in the front door only a picked 2 off befor thay went in and the rest i got in side with my sig 226, big smile. and thanks to jamie for the jump start, hope to see you guys next week at bolton.

yet another great day lots of freindly people (even if jamie called me two tone in the very first game and aked if id played before :o grrr) oh well. the marshals were great even if there wernt many issues. got to try my new sniper the bright green one. got some good kills with that. thanks to the guy who gave me a speed loader it made realoading the mags so much better looking forward to seeing the pics.

what sniper did you get

Hi guys a great day today. Concedering there were over 150 players today all went well only a few problems appeard in the late afternoon and i had to jump on a few. But that said a hard days gaming and i saw loots of great airsoft moments and sports manship.

But as usual your thoughts are welcome good or bad. ? Cheers jamie

Next time I think you should literally jump on them...

What a brawl that was!

Some quality gameplay and quality marshalling as usual.

The sheer number of Reds made for some intense contacts and I think yellows did really well to counter the various offensives that went down.

Downsides were mostly the wind which kept up all day, and a number of people not taking hits, but, of course, that's like driving on the motorway and expecting people not to break the speed limit.

Good call from Jamie to stay out until lunch, that kind of gameplay works really well.

Roll on the 21st!

Priest

ODIN

Was good to get out and blast a few folk on Sat after crawling up the walls over the new year, was also good running around with the Djinn.

Staying out till lunch and minimising down time between games works really well with Anzio and I think there was the right balance of scenario types for the numbers as there wasn't much in the way of not being able to move around the site without getting shot at from every conceivable direction.

Only constructive criticism I can offer on things that could be controlled was that I was struggling to hear all the details in the afternoon safety briefs and I wasn't exactly far away. On the field the only things that marred the day slightly were a few instances of powerplay and abuse of the medic rule.

It was mentioned in the brief that when you are hit stand up and make it obvious - so why a group of people who were assaulting the back of the pub were lying down, and the (lone) medic going to ground with them was quite irritating on the basis that to engage the live players risked hitting players waiting for a medic - if I was a total asshat I'd have no regard for dumping a few hundred rounds in the general direction.

This goes with another instance of looked like medic powerplay on the stairs in D1, I can either trigger spam rounds into the shoulder/head of two seperate people at what can't be more than 4m or let them do the honourable thing in accordance to the rules with fewer rounds hammered in. Of course I could have simply missed so I'm not too hung up on it after the fact but it's one of those things where if it happens enough at the start of the day (this was noticed all entirely in the afternoon) you end up thinking screw whoever is on the receiving end and the rounds will be hammered out until you see an arm go up.

A note on Dans response there, I forgot to say: I saw a "lot" of people being hit then saying nothing, sometime not even putting a hand up. Grenades going into rooms and not one person shouting hit. Maybe needs to be hammered home in the briefings or something - I was having to put more rounds into people than I'd like to get them to say hit and put an arm up.

This isnt non-hit taking, just not acknowledging the hit so as everyone know whats going on - all of the players in question took the hit no problem, just confusing in the heat of things.

Edited by dfrear

A very good day, Marshalls were great and despite the numbers the gameplay was awesome, didn't really see any cheating or non hit taking personally but it's just inevitable to happen, bring on the next day ...

ODIN

I had a cracking day, after I gave up trying to repair my gun and just resigned myself to using a friends. Glad my ghillie worked well, can't wait to come and play at Anzio again!

Numbers were great, games were great, just wish the wind hadn't been to great!

Highlights of my day:

Popping a nade through a first floor window from underneath it, normally these nades just drop back down on my head.

Sneaking up the top fields in my ghillie and taking out the guys hiding in the shooting range whilst seeing (and hearing) their confusion!

Me and the Cartel heading up mad charges which pretty much always pushed the yellows back!

I had a cracking day, after I gave up trying to repair my gun and just resigned myself to using a friends. Glad my ghillie worked well, can't wait to come and play at Anzio again!

Numbers were great, games were great, just wish the wind hadn't been to great!

Highlights of my day:

Popping a nade through a first floor window from underneath it, normally these nades just drop back down on my head.

Sneaking up the top fields in my ghillie and taking out the guys hiding in the shooting range whilst seeing (and hearing) their confusion!

Me and the Cartel heading up mad charges which pretty much always pushed the yellows back!

I think I went and medic'd the guys you grenaded, if it was D1. FYI you got 5-6 guys in that room. ;)

I think I went and medic'd the guys you grenaded, if it was D1. FYI you got 5-6 guys in that room. ;)

Yup, it was D1, I thought I'd only got the one. Now I'm even more chuffed with that nade!