Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fedaykin

Zombie Game Feedback (22/01/12) - Now with pictures

78 posts in this topic

Aye I saw you guys emerging, right at the back of the magazine?

I was down the back of the magazine, down the hill pressed up near the razor wire and one dived on my back lol no idea where he came from!

Yeah, we came in following the fence line at the site boundry and emerged right next to the chain link fence around the magazine. No idea what happened to the rest of my little group - no idea even what happened to the rest of the D1 team - Dunk, Chewie, Sarah and David especially.

After the last stand at the pub I lost all sight of them completely.

A few thoughts on zombies and running. I dont think im going to have running zombies at all - while zombies were having difficulty chasing down humans to begin with, once we'd got them organised and they learnt how to ambush it was less of an issue. Also looking at the final game it might have gone better for the survivorss if zombies couldnt constantly charge them. at most i think a sudden lurge at targets in range is all thats needed.

Also i dont think zombies will change their agression as the game goes on - i'll find a medium level that can be maintained and so while survivors will probably find initial levels harder, the last level/last stand should be actually survivable.

To be honest Graham I felt the last stand WAS survivable - but we just couldn't hold out long enough. I mean we got wiped with about 10 seconds to go before end-ex, not a bad run IMO.

I did like the idea of running zombies, as nothing puts the fear of god into you like a sprinting flesh eater!

That said - I'm game for any style of game you guys want to run - not had that much fun since the Drug Wars. :D

1 person likes this

tbh I expected you to actually hold out a lot longer both at the pub and at the armoury and I cut it shorter than it was meant to go on for

Fair enough - just goes to show that the Zombie team did really well to drive us out the way they did.

Cheers for all the feedback (and movies) guys glad you all enjoyed it.

we have taken on board a lot of your points and we will be adding them to the next game.

this will take place at anzio on sunday the 1st of April.

we are putting it together now and bookings will open tomorrow!!!!

keep and eye out on Facebook and twitter for the official announcement. we will also be using our new booking system for this and deposits will be required to hold your place

cheers

bibby

A few thoughts on zombies and running. I dont think im going to have running zombies at all - while zombies were having difficulty chasing down humans to begin with, once we'd got them organised and they learnt how to ambush it was less of an issue. Also looking at the final game it might have gone better for the survivorss if zombies couldnt constantly charge them. at most i think a sudden lurge at targets in range is all thats needed.

Also i dont think zombies will change their agression as the game goes on - i'll find a medium level that can be maintained and so while survivors will probably find initial levels harder, the last level/last stand should be actually survivable.

I think letting zombies lurch towards survivors that stray too close (maybe within a body's length or less) is about all we need, in the final game we really pushed up the aggression and the survivors struggled to contain the threat. I think more of a slow burn would work better, with zombies slowly gaining ground and forcing the survivors to decide to stay or leg it. That said the occasional solo runner could be useful to push players out of their comfort zone, but it needs to be an occasional spot rather than a constant threat.

1 person likes this

Personally, I'm not a fan of "fast zombies" at all. They're dead - just walking is a major achievement, the kind of co-ordination required to run should be well beyond them.

sorry it took so long- been a bit busy Edited by Ravenscroft
1 person likes this

The video is ace, but that firing line lacked discipline !!

I'm not surprised with that many zombies coming at them! :D

I'm not surprised with that many zombies coming at them! :D

firing line pff im surprised they didn't just blow out each others knees and leave them to distract the horde..........bbbbbrrrrraaaaiiinnns.