felix jaegar

Feedback from 11th & 12th February 2012

24 posts in this topic

Wow what a weekend, was great to see all the guys from the KGB, been too long and hopefully they were welcomed by everyone after a long drive from deepest darkest Cornwall.

Generally really good play the obvious little niggles, but overview from a Marshalling perspective, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and practically perfect airsoft weather today.

Let us know what you thought of the day, and photos will be posted soon, and will be available from a link on this post, when the 150 plus photos are downloaded.

http://firstonlymidlands.zenfolio.com/p871784408

Absolutely great day, what a warm welcome to the community! The guys are great and give lots of advice about what to buy etc, game modes were great, a lot of friendly competitiveness going on there! Can't wait to come again! A few guys who didn't take hits which was a bit annoying, but otherwise I couldn't have enjoyed myself more! Slept like a baby on the way back.

Thanks for the awesome weekend guys, you guys are great!

1 person likes this

Couldn't make the Sunday game, BUT :- I thought the scenarios on the Saturday night were well thought out and relatively well balanced team-wise, with the smaller team having local knowledge......

The KGB's had good skirmish acumen and tactical expertise (Except when it came to finding hidden boxes)

By jumping Jehoshaphat it WAS sure cold, I suppose it was brought to us by the "Cold War" instigators, i.e. the KGB..

On the way home from the superb skirmish with those KGB fellah's last night, I swear I saw a queue of "Brass Monkeys" outside a welding shop.

Edited by basil-henriques

Great games today! Surprised the British team lost the morning game because we Argentinians had been pushed up to our spawn point at one point. My friends and I really enjoyed the mini games in the afternoon and I thought the Final-Stand game-mode was very fast paced and hilarious, as was the guys who hid behind the metal box! A few people didn't take their hits but we kept high morale about it! Unfortunately I lost my MP5 rubber butt-plate somewhere around the Village - don't know whether anyone saw it?

Thanks for a great day! Will be coming back soon!

Absolutely epic day!!

Marshals on top form as always. The Argentinians were a great enemy.

Funny bits:

Dave tripping over a mole hill up by The Maples.

My grenade throw over a building taking out a number of enemy.

My volunteering myself to be one of the small team in the fenced area by the village due to my childish revelry of the above grenade kills.

The 10 minute experience in a very small area with 70 odd players firing in on us.

Warrens gauntlet run.

Opportunities:

?? I can't fault what was possibly my best days airsofting. Thanks to all F&O staff and all the players today.

Great day as usual. Really like the longer game in the morning, with changing objectives as it goes along. Also the shorter games in the afternoon made it a very good day and mixed up the play styles.

Some fantastic snipers too which although were on the opposite team (mostly) added a different element to the game. I was hit a couple of times by cracking long range hits sometimes while on the move!

I can't say I even had a problem with hit taking either and over all I think both teams were very fair. A good standard of play and mostly good sportsman ship

A little to much of the long bursts of full auto into bushes, confined bin buildings and around the village that all got a bit painful. I also herd a lot of the f***in take your hits when the bbs were dropping 10m short. The im f***in hit already when shot while talking to live players, over comms or re bombing mags without a hand up.

But most annoying were players moaning when told to stop by marshals. (Tree did quickly put an end to the back chat though with the classic "you will stop it because I told you to" line which never got a reply surprisingly)

Over all a great day!! Looking forward to the free members day.

Saturday nights game was great, nice to get some trigger time in the dark! Definately brings a whole load of new challenges and experiences.

Today was good as well I saw lots of good play and good humour, most of the time it was a joy to marshal, however I will reiterate what was said above about hearing people turning to friends and saying 'I must have hit him'... If you didn't see the rounds hitting him then 99% of the time it's cause you missed or don't have the range. Also as was said in the safety brief if you have a problem go to a marshal. Anyway generally great play all round as far as I was aware and lots of effort went in to keep the game moving which was great to see :)

Really Good day! Really enjoyed it.

But i have to agree with ash, the opposing teams snipers were fantastic! I got hit in the face 4 times by snipers. 2 on the forehead, 1 on the cheek (close to my glasses!), and on the chin. The snipers where either really good or i was walking round like a muppet.

Thanks to the FaO team! Cant wait till next time :)

Oh btw, the link in the description leads to a log on?

I had a cracking day yesterday.

The games seemed to work really well and as a few people have mentioned, opposing snipers made a change. I've never really encountered one before in my time, but hearing a shot come pinging through the pagola in the village from the tree line certainly made me duck and think twice.

The last stand game in the village was actually rather funny to be on the receiving end of. Mid-roll someone managed to get a few shots into my backside (right on target if you catch my drift...) which made walking hurt for a little while. All in all though it was a great light hearted way to round the day off.

I didn't come off too badly from the gauntlet either. I can count 15 marks: Four in the head, two in the back, six in the arms and three in the thighs. Luckily I was wearing at least double layers because of the cold.

The only real gripe with the day I had was that I was on a backup gun again, which obviously isn't F&Os fault. Had I been on my main weapon and gear that would have been up there with some of the best days.

Good work F&O :)

Another top day the games played real well and I enjoyed being on the small para team in the afternoon 4 of us held of a little corner in the village till the dying minutes of the game so that was quality,

I brought my mate along for his first time and he loved it too so alls good,

By the way there was a Marshall takeing loads of photos in the big building opposite the village on a small digi cam he reckoned he got loads of quality photos of the lasers and stuff so it would be cool to see those too

1 person likes this

Hola Peeps.

Nice weekend chaps...

It was a flippin' long drive up from God's Country. I set out out 0800hrs, did the pick ups and then we set off. Limited to 60 and on a Tacho, it was a bit of a slog. 8 hours in total to Kiddie.

Anyway, we got there and back in one piece, if not a little tired.

Saturday night game was a bit of a giggle. Sloshing round with a belly full of pizza is hardly the best way to fight a war!

We got our noses bloodied a bit on the first game, but I think we held a good account of ourselves considering we were playing against the local team, on home turf, on a site we'd never even seen before.... in the dark!

2nd game was a bit more true to form for us, after we'd got our eye in.

But blimey was it cold... my SOCOM froze to death and was shooting about three feet (I didn't know this because it was dark!). So all those guys in the village area, yes that was me shooting at you. Pity they were just dribbling out of the barrel.

Sunday was a different story.

Daylight, warmth (relative to the night before), so it was out with the Long and the SOCOM was up to speed.

With a good open site, the sniper rifle was once again in its element.

Managed a good few kills. It was like stamping on ants though, because as soon as you shot one, about a million more appeared behind them!

Well done to Felix and the Team, a well organised game and very well marshalled. Hat's off to you boys. You had your work cut out.

From our point of view (where we are very sheltered.....) the game play was a full spectrum. For the most part, everyone was very much in the spirit of the game, but there was a reasonable amount of Teflon. Now that's understandable considering the amount of new guys that seemed to be there, but also there was some of what appeared to be the more 'accustomed' players not realising their hits.

Not a drama, I just shoot them again....

The best one of note was in the 2nd game where the British were in the village. There was a chap dressed in black (tan trousers I think... might be wrong) with a full face mask, and also the younger chap with the Blue sniper rifle (bi-pod??). They were in the middle of the village, by the bush, looking out towards the field area. I hit the chap dressed in black in the back, he looked around... promptly ignored it. So I hit him again. He had a bit of a conflab with sniper guy, walked off around the bush. I then hit sniper guy (he took it, was medic'd moved away).

Black dressed guy returned. I whopped him again... Once again, he didn't take it. He even had a small chat to Treebeard (marshalling) who walked by. I hit him again... Still nothing.

At which point, I decided to leave my vantage point (Felix know's where I was.... ) and carry on.

So if you know who you are.... Shame on you!!! Just because you can't see who's shooting at you, doesn't mean you've not been hit.

I also got a couple of very good hits on some chap (probably new, because he had what appeared to be a hire style mask on) as they looked out of the upper storey window of the double storey building closest to the safe zone.

But hey I don't mither. I just see it as an opportunity to shoot them again!!

But as a complete opposite end of the spectrum, I got some very long range shots (across the field to the wood line) at moving targets (thin chap, dressed in tan, red/white bandana/shemagh) who was moving and he took them. So to notice a floater when moving..... Kudos brother, that's some real fine skills there.

Thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was a bit mad with everyone running around like headless chickens.

The whole team had a blast.

Sorry to anyone who I shouted at.....

Run towards the enemy, not away from them!

Sorry to those who I shot... well, not really (only one, you know who you are. Hope all is well?? eek.).... Just remember, someone like me is always out there, so stay in cover!

Nice to see Ged,

Well done to F&O, we'll see you at Copehill if not before.

You're all welcome down to the swamp. Just remember to pack your snorkels.

Final words from me....

AEG's..... no style....

BroomHandle Mauser.... Rock!

www.kgbairsoft.com

1 person likes this

only one, you know who you are. Hope all is well?? eek.

Yeah I'm good, I did have my face mask on me, just pulled down while I allowed my glasses to defog, learning curve LOL.

Just remember, someone like me is always out there, so stay in cover!

Was a good shot, didn't see where you were tbh, was too busy shooting at a guy in the big bush, so as far as I could tell the only target I was exposed to I was suppressing.

Had a great days airsofting, good marshalling and good opponents in the Argentinians / Green forces, especially the snipers, some cracking headshots.

My only gripe is somewhere out there I lost my rubber bayonete, but accidents happen.

Many thanks to Felix and the Marshals.

My only gripe is somewhere out there I lost my rubber bayonete, but accidents happen.

We found a rubber bayonet near the spawn point of the first afternoon game, was it tanto shaped? Because I believe it was handed in :D

Great days shooting, no complaints at all definitely enjoyed the longer early morning game with the constant missions than the afternoon but that's just personal preference. Marshalling was sound as usual and calls to watch players was met well, although I did spot instances where people had to be told several times by a Marshall after they complain they haven't been hit.

Guys end of the day it isn't paint ball, you get shot you either get a medic or just go back and re-spawn you'll be back amongst it within 5 minutes. :) Didn't really have much to do with the snipers generally I'm moving around a lot so snipers don't really put me off.

Cheers to all involved, that's me done until the second week of March now :(

We found a rubber bayonet near the spawn point of the first afternoon game, was it tanto shaped? Because I believe it was handed in :D

Yeah, I checked, mine was an M9 bayonet, rubber "blade", plastic handle. Thanks anyway.

I had a blinder of a weekend, the evening game on Saturday was something else, being thrown into a site you've had no experience on in the pitch black with only a quick guide around the site isn't ideal and it showed for it in the first game however we didn't loose by too much. By the second game in the evening though everyone had a bit more of an understanding of the sites layout and after some frantic firefights and determination we came out on top.

Come Sunday we were ready to put up a fight. The masses formed and I think it was about 50 a team, this lead to people going into their own teams and doing their own thing in the game. The long game that stretched across the morning was great, lots of stuff to do and lots of English to kill :P

I had a great weekend, majority of people played very fair however as to be expected with the amount of players there were a few people that didn't take hits but no biggy just means you get to shoot them even more :D and the Marshaling I saw was very good.

So yeah cheers Felix for sorting us out for the weekend we all had a great laugh and we hope to fight against you again in the future :P

- Mr Napalm

We came down from Nottinghamshire for this, first time at the site and we think it was a pretty swish operation. It was a bit weird for us being at an F&O site and not having jamie/bibby/major around (previous haunts being anzio and the original matlock woodland) but it certainly has the same attitudes running it, good marshalling and a good site, it was a little disorientating at first as with all sites, could have done with maps near or in the primary buildings showing site boundaries and current location? But once we had our head around which direction the bads coming to shoot us were likely to approach from it was all good.

AEG's..... no style....

BroomHandle Mauser.... Rock!

I'm always willing to contribute style to a team's composition, substance however... ;)

Really great day Sunday, thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a few hit taking issues witnessed (including members of our team!) but overall nothing too serious.

One suggestion I'd like to make (particularly given the large numbers of "new" players (and I'm hardly a veteran myself) is, would it be possible to have 1 or 2 "playing marshalls" on each team? This may help to give the teams (particularly new players) more of a sense of direction and purpose (particularly those that aren't familiar with the site layout) and help teach a bit of "strategy", which I'm sure some (myself included) would welcome.

Some of the large groups on our team (the KGB guys) were very well organised throughout, and developed an effective plan of attack, however some of the other groups and individuals (not sure who were new to the site) seemed to lack any structure in what they were trying to achieve, resulting in a lot of "ambling about"!

It may not be to everyone's taste, but if the option to follow some experienced tactics was available, its up to the individuals if they want to do that or go their own way.

Overall though, a very enjoyable day, I'm just annoyed that I fell foul of the "grenade over the roof" trick in the last main game!!.....simply because it was a tactic I'd been planning myself! :rolleyes:... still you live and learn, must pay more attention next time. Respect to the "thrower" however I think justiced was served when Felix singled him out for the garden defence game at the end....oh how we laughed! ;)

Really great day Sunday, thoroughly enjoyed it. There were a few hit taking issues witnessed (including members of our team!) but overall nothing too serious.

One suggestion I'd like to make (particularly given the large numbers of "new" players (and I'm hardly a veteran myself) is, would it be possible to have 1 or 2 "playing marshalls" on each team? This may help to give the teams (particularly new players) more of a sense of direction and purpose (particularly those that aren't familiar with the site layout) and help teach a bit of "strategy", which I'm sure some (myself included) would welcome.

Some of the large groups on our team (the KGB guys) were very well organised throughout, and developed an effective plan of attack, however some of the other groups and individuals (not sure who were new to the site) seemed to lack any structure in what they were trying to achieve, resulting in a lot of "ambling about"!

It may not be to everyone's taste, but if the option to follow some experienced tactics was available, its up to the individuals if they want to do that or go their own way.

You did have a very well organised player in Victor from the KGB, the issue is that player marshals can`t be with you all the time, your best bet would have been to ask Victor what to do and he would have told you - its very difficult as some players just dont want to learn, those that do, its not the best environment to learn as the games are very fluid, and this is where the problems lie, lack of comms and airsofters ability to ignore what they were told to do or what to do at point B.

Best bet is to join or create a team or look for groups of players and buddy up with them.

The new vikings team is being formed and we have free training and selection on the 10th March

I agree with Felix, you end up linking up with players or like minded people throughout the course of the game. Just try and strike up a bit of banter and then stick together. I ended up spending most of my day linking up with the Unicorns Of Wonder lads from down south and working with them.

This was my first shoot of the year (Saturday's night game) and it was great to get back into the swing of things and catch up with fellow team members and F&O staff :)

Some good CQB moments in which I stopped KGB from scoring points by managing to stay alive in the one building until the end of the one game (strategic fall backs up the stairs then camping at the top corridor)

It was good to try out the Scorpion, although I lost the battery cover which caused me to get taken out in the village as the battery worked it's way loose and after sneaking up on a player I jumped out to shoot him to have nothing happen then get shot :P

I also lost my knife, so it was a bad start to the year in that respect but an brilliant time all the same, roll on the 25th night game :)