Dexter

Clarification on Loaning RIFs

15 posts in this topic

I have my UKARA and a small collection of RIFs.

I regularly lend them out to friends who do not have UKARA (They are attending a day where I am busy so my kit would just be sat at home otherwise)

Am i leaving myself open to trouble?

Does it make a difference if the person borrowing my kit is under 18?

VCRA only covers sales, imports and manufacture of RIFS and IFs so no need to worry

Edited by lordelpus

Posts above have been removed to prevent further discussion down that line.

I would like to add that as a company we fully support and endorse UKARA. Anyone trying to circumvent the requirements for meeting the VCRA act and trying to openly flaunt the law will not be welcome at First and Only.

Let's be clear, this is not a 'what can I make up to get around UKARA' thread. Because as soon as it goes down that line it will be deleted, and I would say this thread is teetering on the brink of deletion. Anyone trying to find ways around UKARA are simply putting this hobby at risk.

4 people like this

I must point out that I made a comment that has been deleted that I think may have been misconstrued, and it was in relation to having a RIF in your possession without having UKARA cert. I was under the impression that you needed UKARA to have a defence for being in possession of a RIF, but the comments made by lordelpus confused me as it was leading me down the path of UKARA was only required for sales, imports and manufacture of RIF's, and so my comments were questioning this statement.

I can assure all mods and admins that as an FAC and shotgun cert holder of 30 years I would do nothing to jeopardise my 'tickets' in any way shape or form, my comments were questioning the ambiguity of the statement and I think the example I used to illustrate the questioning may be the comment that set the bells ringing, and for that I apologise, but it was an innocent question with no hidden agenda.

Cheers

How is what I wrote confusing? For the purpose of lending someone a rif/if neither the vcra nor ukara come into it for the reasons I have already stated. I wouldn't suggest lending them out to under 18s with out you being at the skirmish.

I have spoken to Lee via PM and it was the example which was the problem. I and the other admins believed it had the potential to lead to discussion about circumventing UKARA, not that it was suggesting that it be done.

With regards to possessing a RIF and having UKARA, I know alot of the older marshals, including myself have never got around to registering with UKARA.

1 person likes this

I haven't bothered for years as I have other ways of proving my defence

2 people like this

I resisted getting UKARA for a long time because like many I was able to prove my defence via other means and did not see any benefit to it for me.

I have UKARA now simply to make life a bit easier. Just about everyone expects you to have it so meh, I caved in and got it.

I thought you needed a UKARA license to look at pictures of guns on the internet (unless you are holding hands with someone who was over 18 and has a UKARA license). I also heard that you need a UKARA license certificate to watch any Arnold Schwarzenegger action film that was made between 1985 and 1995 unless it was the new VCRA special edition Blu Ray version where all the guns have been two toned with CGI and every time someone gets shot it just cuts to a scene from Kindergarden Cop.

3 people like this

Nope, VCRA only applies after 2007 so nearly all of Schwarzenegger's stuff is exempt

2 people like this

I thought you needed a UKARA license to look at pictures of guns on the internet (unless you are holding hands with someone who was over 18 and has a UKARA license). I also heard that you need a UKARA license certificate to watch any Arnold Schwarzenegger action film that was made between 1985 and 1995 unless it was the new VCRA special edition Blu Ray version where all the guns have been two toned with CGI and every time someone gets shot it just cuts to a scene from Kindergarden Cop.

This may be one of the best things I've seen. Congratulations sir, you win at internet.