bibby

sunday 19th feedback

29 posts in this topic

a great day today guys with some awesome firefights especially in the 3 team game in the afternoon, what did you guys think?

Cheers

Bibby

Once again, really enjoyed today, saw some really good gameplay and had no issues with any other players.

Particularly enjoyed the afternoon game, definitely interested in playing some more difficult "Milsim" type games, the idea of easing newer players into it i think is a very good idea.

Also had my main gun go down just before lunch and played all afternoon with just pistol's, I found it much more fun and challenging than I thought, possibly even considering it as a permanent set-up for close-quarters gaming.

Overall excellent day. Thanks to all the marshalls and everyone who attended, can't wait for the next one!

5 of us came to this event eager to see what it was like (Anzio Virgins) and loved the whole day.

The games were interesting, with some crazy battles.

Saw some nice knee rub action.

Cannot wait to see the pictures from this event.

Cannot wait for the next 1 and will definitely be attending

Another great day apart from that bloody sun messing up visibility.

Had some good battles trying to take the theater from the no colors.

Defo up for more Milsim Sundays

was a great day attempting to get close to the enemy with my mp5k as it had about a 10ft range , eneded up losing one of my mid caps but cant wait to come again

even though i only played the morning couple of games (due to messing up my knee) i enjoyed it. being on the attacking team from the beggining during the escalating engagement game was different but very good. and the 3 base attack/defend game was absolutely incredible, havent done a game that like in a while

i fired practically every bb i had on me in that game and borrowed bb's from other people.

got quite a few hopefully epic pics taken of me over the 18th and 19th, cant wait to see them

Another great day, even if I was feeling the pain from the saturday and black ops games!

The morning was great fun, lots of excellent play and great fire fights again, and it was immense fun being the attackers during the escalating engagement. The three base attack and defend game was fun as always, though there was a little confusion as to whether or not the defenders could move around and counter attack. We thought we could though the attackers were saying they were told otherwise. Either way it was a brilliant game, and some very cool last stands, especially in the east stairwell and lobby in D5 - play was so very fierce and when the yellows were coming in from outside and through each of the doorways from the lower floor corridors having breached through the windows I knew I was screwed!

Did manage to take a few of you with me before one of your number came around the corner with a pistol at me and we drew on each other at the same time! I went into that last section of game with with 240 rounds - 8x 30 round magazines - and ended it with 38 rounds left. Congrats on the yellows for an epic battle, you really gave it your all.

Out of interest, who won that one? I have no idea if the yellows managed to take the top floor of D5 but I know for sure the reds held that eastern stairwell until end ex.

As for the afternoon game - that was a very cool game plan for the day. Morning games to get everyone into the flow of it and get the newer players used to the site before a mini-milsim in the afternoon was very much appreciated by me and the guys from the Immortals, and we are very much interested in doing this sort of thing again!

Though I spent most of the afternoon defending the training theatre with Andy and our squad leader, I needed the rest to be honest as I was worn out from the weekends play. Not that we sat back and relaxed, as there were plenty of nail biting moments and being able to lay down suppressing fire with my LSW to keep the yellows away whilst our attack teams returned to base with gold in hand was fun in its own way. When you take out a support weapon it's not the kills you get but the ammo you use that proves if you did a good job! :P

Congrats to the red team members who managed to get from the medical block across the parade ground and take out me and Andy from our position behind the "Bacon Bin" - very sneaky play, you made no noise that I could hear and only knew you were there when some fellow non-banded players shouted a warning, just before you shot me in the back as I was going for my pistol.

Oh, and one last thing - whoever found the dummy Gas Block valve screwdriver that fell out of my SCAR L and returned it to the battery charging station, you have my immense gratitude as I hadn't even realised I'd lost it until lunch time and had no idea where it had gone!

Edited by DanBeresford

I've never experienced so many weapon failures as I did on Sunday.

For the most part I had no choice but to go around rocking my Kimber, so it was a pretty horrid & cold day.

That was until the 3 team game...

Well done guys. I found that game played out superbly.

With the commanders dishing out missions & intel, it seemed to work like a charm.

I had a great moment with my team of 6 facing what seemed to be the entire Red Team charging our position up by the firing range. The way they charged, they should have had their bayonets on!

I'm definitely looking forward to more games like this in the future (& that's not just because my team got the most gold ;) ).

Out of interest, who won that one? I have no idea if the yellows managed to take the top floor of D5 but I know for sure the reds held that eastern stairwell until end ex.

Alright mate, As far as I am aware, I was the only deffender left in the top of D5, as the attackers just over ran the stairs near the ridge. After my friend who was watching the stairs "The Tank" above, got shot, and noticed the sheer amount of people coming to bend me over, i cowered in the corner of the room on the corner of D5 near the bunker, and then, with 20 seconds to go, i was the one, hiding, excreting themselves, with a silent pistol, Until one of the lads in suits made a dangerously close thigh shot to take me out. Good shot mate. Thankfully it wasn't any closer.

On a general note, i attended both days this weekend, and thought they were both run well, marshalling was done fairly and promtly, and, like The Tank, i had no issues with other players. I had a great weekend, and deffinately thoroughly enjoyed the Milsim type last game. More of these please. The last pistol/aeg game, we were also slightly buggered from the off!

Unfortunately, i was that muppet who fell over. That was the only bad point to the entire weekend! But that was my own stupid fault.

Good game all round guys. See you next time!

Went to A&E today to get my knee looked at, apparently i have Bursitis in my right knee. advised to rest it for quite a while nothing to strenuous and especially no runing around and no kneeling down on it. not that i can run on it at the minute

also Ice, pain killers, and some anti inflammation drugs they've gave me.

Ouch! Take it easy dude, plenty of rest and relaxation before the next game day - Doc said two weeks recovery right? It's like he knows! :D

indeed, gonna try my best to be there at the next game day. already planned for it and everything

Edited by Jamie s

Had a great day!

Loved the Pistol V AEG game at end, Someone opened door and held door with there hand, Fired grenade launcher at his hand ran out of door and fell flat on my face, did a tactical roll onto my back got up ran out of ammo on pistol, pulled out springer then shot this dude from yellow team, EPIK :ph34r:

I LOVED the Mil-Sim, Although i scratched my hands when i dived into a muddy bog and then crawled through thorns and then found myself outside TT (Enemy HQ) Then i got killed as there was tons of them :P

I've never experienced so many weapon failures as I did on Sunday.

For the most part I had no choice but to go around rocking my Kimber, so it was a pretty horrid & cold day.

That was until the 3 team game...

Well done guys. I found that game played out superbly.

With the commanders dishing out missions & intel, it seemed to work like a charm.

I had a great moment with my team of 6 facing what seemed to be the entire Red Team charging our position up by the firing range. The way they charged, they should have had their bayonets on!

I'm definitely looking forward to more games like this in the future (& that's not just because my team got the most gold ;) ).

That would be us (aka Team Spleen) and a some other folk deploying our "Leeroy" charge. Folk who have played at Gunman and Cold War games are now familiar with this "tactic", first time ever at Anzio though. The fact that any of us were left standing effectively makes it a failure...

Was a bloody good bash, great playing with you!

Great weekend and a great site; we'll be back there again for sure, the new guys with us are addicted I think :)

Like the idea that the games will be going more MilSimy, I got my shouting voice on for the three way game and the squad worked well to verbal abuse :)

Looking forward to going again!

Just wanted to say thanks for a cracking day. Myself and the other Team Spleen/Cambridge exiles and associated n00b's thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. Especially the 3 team game in the afternoon which was exceptionally well managed and provided some awesome moments. The taking of D3 and the aformentioned charge primary among them.

Also worthy of note were the last moments of holding the pub as the defenders in the fallback game with myself and a few of my compatriots holed up in the corridor and rooms back of the bar trying to look in every direction at once. Got 4-5 kills before a nade finally did for me and the last of Spleen.

The pistol game at the end provided cracking fun even if hardly any of my pitols were working. For the folk in the bar who jumped when I fired twice at the start of the round, my bad, the PPK was acting up and I had just got it fixed as "Game on" was called.

The site is excellent, up with my favourites. The marshalls and seniors friendly, helpful and a good laugh all round.

Being London based it will be difficult to cisit as often as I like but I'll be coming along on Sunday's as often as I can afford.

another brilliant day again, scenario's were brilliant had some really great fire fight's shame our team (bibbys team) didn't get much gold but we did well had some great runs and managed to clear the embassy only to get to the pub side and find i had been left on my own!!

also had a great firefight for the med block to the bottom road. me, Marshal Vic and some other guy managed to get to the armoury but had to go alone as the reinforcements that were sent never turned up :( ... so we didn't get to the TT

also a great pistol Vs Aeg game that i watched as i gassed out :( .. but was great game and lasted quiet a while compared to the other pistol - Aeg games ive played

overall a brilliant weekender and looking forward to the next :)

Edited by Thomas Moore

Just wanted to say thanks for a cracking day. Myself and the other Team Spleen/Cambridge exiles and associated n00b's thouroughly enjoyed ourselves. Especially the 3 team game in the afternoon which was exceptionally well managed and provided some awesome moments. The taking of D3 and the aformentioned charge primary among them.

Also worthy of note were the last moments of holding the pub as the defenders in the fallback game with myself and a few of my compatriots holed up in the corridor and rooms back of the bar trying to look in every direction at once. Got 4-5 kills before a nade finally did for me and the last of Spleen.

The pistol game at the end provided cracking fun even if hardly any of my pitols were working. For the folk in the bar who jumped when I fired twice at the start of the round, my bad, the PPK was acting up and I had just got it fixed as "Game on" was called.

The site is excellent, up with my favourites. The marshalls and seniors friendly, helpful and a good laugh all round.

Being London based it will be difficult to cisit as often as I like but I'll be coming along on Sunday's as often as I can afford.

I've popped down to Gunman a couple of times when I used to live/work in Cambridge.

In fact I recognise one of your team from your website from my old workplace!

I'm looking forward to seeing any more pictures that came out of this day. Macca, those ones of yours were pretty damn good!

Edited by Stormgard

Thanks very much for a great day. The 7 of us had a great time with the two newbies loving there first taste of battle! The pictures so far are great, more to come I hope? Really enjoyed the milsim game will be back for more.