Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimjogg

feed back for the 3/3/12 Anzio camp

27 posts in this topic

great play today and a breeze to marshals lots of comments on the games and a few great ideas i even tried some of the scenarios you guys have been putting put on the forum with a few tweeks . but as always your thoughts are very important to us .

cheers jamie

Yeah great day cheers to all the marshalls

Shame my M14 was playing up for the afternoon game but all fixed now and ready for its next outing

Thanks again Jamie

Cad

Cant remember when I last had that much fun, with all the extra layers of clothes on!!!! :)

Rock solid organisation, good day, just need to get back the use of my legs......

Thanks to all

Corky

ignore this post now.

link to the pics i've took is further down

Edited by Jamie s

Cracking day both as a Marshall and a player.

Saw some excellent sportsmanship from all quarters

Nige

PS Steve any way to download the pics of me?

Loved it as usual, play was varied and players were great fun.

For constructive feedback as opposed to gushing praise, I am liking the 'build-up' of games toward the longer game in the afternoon, I think that gives everyone the best of both worlds.

Feedback time!

Constructive criticism... none really, from what I experienced the day went brilliantly with nothing bad to report. I know that doesn't really help improve but I cannot think of anything that could have been done differently.

One of the standout things for me for the day was how little time I spent in the pub and the Bunker/D5/medical block - usually I'm in there heavily during game days but this gameday I spent very little time there at all - spent most of the day north of the embassy, and it was a refreshing change tbh, I very much enjoyed it.

Great scenarios as usual, and I did like the rapid turn around between games and the game lengths were great - I much prefer longer games rather than lots of stopping and starting.

The fighting at the magazine was some of the best I've seen at Anzio in a long time, and some great team play from the Reds up there in managing to take it from the yellows then take out their advancing team carrying the bomb. Congrats to Sam in his mad dash to recover the bomb and then some truly brilliant play from the reds in defending D2 and the bomb until End-Ex. Thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Special thanks to Eric for fixing my M4 and P90's, and I had lots of fun playing with my new grenade launcher and P90 - and being the attacking team in the escalating engagement is ALWAYS fun.

On that note, I'd like to apologise to the F&O staff for the snafu in the morning before the first game - valid points were raised and will be adhered to in future.

Finally, here's some of the video footage taken by Jamie Slingsby using my camera - there's another short section from the single shot/AEG game to come but the battery in the camera ran out mid filming so not a lot of that unfortunately.

Cracking day both as a Marshall and a player.

Saw some excellent sportsmanship from all quarters

Nige

PS Steve any way to download the pics of me?

Yep. Just open up the image by clicking on it and it will give you various sizes across the top (From S for small all the way up to O for original). Click on the size you want and once it has opened you can Right click and save the picture.

Steve.

heres the pics from my camera.

http://s971.photobuc...slingi/Airsoft/

and heres the pics i took on Dan beresfords camera

http://www.facebook....39008429&type=3

at some point i may link 1 or 2 of the video's

and to that kid and his mum that i got chatting to but didnt ask the name of, the pics I took of you are in the 2nd link

That would be me

George

Great day can't wait for next time!!!

Great day at Anzio. Lots of honest play and well worked tactics in places. Marshalls paying close attention to game play. From the look of it some great pictures taken too. Shall be back again on the 31st with hopefuly a bit less wind. Cheers again chaps.

Some great game play from both sides I thought. Particularly good effort from the reds in capturing the bomb and laptops, we definitely 'loosened' it up for you guys though.

On the way back to regen after being hit by the Ammo bunker I could also see the reds in D5 (yellow CP) aswell so definitely a bit of command and coordination going on there. Very good.

Constructive criticism: I suggest that there should be some kind of 'calibration' in place for the chronos used or at least a few more chronos available to obtain an 'Average Velocity'. A few guys had to take their primaries out of the game due to being hot.

The issues were;

1. Out of two chronos one was saying a weapon was under the required FPS limit and another was saying it was over the limit. The differences I heard were that of around 10-30fps, which is a big variance.

2. Some of the owners of the AEGs had used them previously and had never had them chrono hot.

Now rightly so, no chances were taken and the AEGs weren't allowed in the game. However, for people paying to play with the kit they brought, I think it only fair that they are given a much fairer service by ensuring the velocity measurement is as true and accurate as possible rather than rely on two potentially uncalibrated chronos.

Other than that, quality management and marshalling as always. I'm accustomed to nothing less from F&O having skirmished with them for years.

Good effort

Priest

We calabrated the two we use together for a no variance bettween them. One in m/s and one in ft/s. But intresting point priest thanks for bringing it up. The main point being if you never want booted from a game then have your fps around 328 or less if your over then lots of things can raise fps. And if you are over 350 fps in game your of simples. But that said if there is a better chrono than a scan i would love to hear about it.

Thanks jamie

Was it both of the skan chronos that were reading differently to each other? I have noticed a roughly 20fps difference between skan chrono results and (3 different) xcortech chrono results before now so that really wouldn't surprise me but if it was a difference between the two skans I would be a little more concerned.

As for the day:

I have and always will love the extended games in the afternoon. I just went out with pistols in the afternoon and loved every minute of it. A place like Anzio, a well set up pistol and a stack of pyros are just the sort of style of play for me whilst there. Big grins! I do have a massive pile of pyros left over though so something went wrong there.

Only had really one issue to complain about which was a guy saying he was red until I stepped out and he quickly changed his mind to yellows and started shooting at me. He was in the shadows so I couldn't get much if a discription sadly but I didn't let it ruin my day.

I did manage to misplace an M4 hi-cap with thin brown tape around it round the back of the pub and also a TM MK23 pistol mag with AZUBI written in white paint pen and a white circle culoured in on the base lost up by the magazine.

Edited by Azubi

Azubi - I'll keep an eye out for it on the next game day. Roughly where were you when you lost it? In the magazine, or on the approach up to it from the embankment that runs past D5 and the Bunker?

Azubi your pistol mag was found mate, it was at the shop with Martin on Sunday as we were both trying to work out what the name was in the white writing. If you PM him I am sure he has kept hold of it for you.

Cheers lads! I only realised when I got home and I may have been a little bit pissed when I marked up all of my kit :mellow: It was lucky that I couldn't find my etcher!

I'll get in touch with him about it, thanks :D

Azubi your pistol mag was found mate, it was at the shop with Martin on Sunday as we were both trying to work out what the name was in the white writing. If you PM him I am sure he has kept hold of it for you.

I confirm that a pistol mag was found and has your name on it Azubi. It will follow the trailer and will be at Bolton this Saturday and Anzio the following week. Come and see us, Next time I am in the trailer i will see if i can find your M4 hi-cap with thin brown tape on it though i cannot recollect it being handed in.

Eddie Oddjob (FAO Retail Assistant)

As Jamie is busy celebrating his birthday, I'll link in the videos he has uploaded to Youtube.

1 person likes this