Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jimjogg

WoW that was a game and a half ..Feedback

19 posts in this topic

Your thoughts boys and girls ..

i will post mine later as im truly knackerd . that said results are ..

Bongo lives and has stamped out all resistance the UK survivors are no more there all Imperial now . so the last game in August will be PEC and Imperial .

The Mercs Ripped every one off and took 24 of the 30 gold bars home so there retiring on nice beaches some where .

and the PEC , four guys represented the shattered defence force coming to join the fray , they caused chaos and even stole gold so well done to them , now they just need to ex-plane to there masters why there rich and still alive . LOL

remind me never to make my self a target for the purpose of obtaining info on objectives . i have been shot so much .. :P and the regens nearly killed me .

so your thoughts and naritive is always welcome i really do enjoy those .

cheers Jamie

PS "T.F.R" is the answer to your questions .... :D

It was an epic day. No doubt about it.

From the perspective of the imperials, there was never a dull moment. Between the constant (and surprisingly successfull) attacks by jamie, the constant back and forth between us and the uk survivors and the mercs inevitable betrayal. There was always something going on. Gameplay wise everything went brilliant from my perspective, everyone played to an incredibly high standard and there was very little confusion about who was doing what (exception being he impromptu cease fires, when not everyone got the message and continued to shoot each other even though they had been instructed not to.

In all it was a very good day, though my arms are killing me from hefting my rpk everywhere.

Hail king bongo and roll on the finale.

Loved it, I can see why Vic and Scooter Sam were giving me shit all month about it, it's really easy to get attached to the story and I could tell that the rivalries have been cooking for some time before this game!

Only complaint I heard at all was that, due to some dress code similarities, it was fairly difficult to tell the teams apart...Easily solved by some red tape at mid day but a shame we had to resort to that.

That said, the three gents on our UK survivors lot were well impressed with the site and said they very much enjoyed it. I believe it was their first time on site too!

Had an absolutely fantastic day! Some great play from everybody involved.

Well done to Jamie and his super-sneaky attacks on our Imperial base, and to the mercs for holding off an attack from everybody at the end!!!

Only complaint from me was there was too much overkilling, about 5 times I was sprayed with full auto whilst my arms were in the air waiting for a medic... My arms can only go so high!!! Heard it from a few others aswell.

But other than that had a great day, thanks to everyone involved...

fonejacker_george_agdgdgwngo_4.jpg

Good Evening Imperials and remaining PEC.

News from my clients the West African Mercenaries.

they say soo long from their sunny retreat!

fernando-de-noronha-island-paradise.jpg

and wish you farewell and thanks for all the cash to fund their lavish lives.

gold-price-today.jpg

Good Night Madam!

fonejacker_george.jpg

3 people like this

cheers to everyone for another great corp wars. and a massive thank you to my mercs you did me proud yet again!!!! and yet again my prophecy came true :-) i told my guys at the very beginning of the game that the last hour would be us in our base holding all the gold while everyone else teams up against us. for some reason every game ends up that way :D

i saw some great play from a lot of people during the day and some great sneaky kills.

so that is a so long from the mercs we won't be in the last game as we have now got enough gold to buy our own island in the Caribbean and sit on the beach in thongs and bling ;)

cheers again guys and thanks for all the gold

Bibby

My third time at a Corp Wars game and it was the most fun I had I reckon. I dont know why I didn't join up with the Mercs before :)

I'll keep an eye out for how the finale goes, but TV reception is touch and go on these tropical islands, so if I dont know dont hold it against me ;)

Edited by Four Leaf

What a day, am so knackered today and was utterly useless at football tonight :D

First off... Jamie thanks for organising a great day I loved the role playing aspect to it and the twists and turns not knowing who was allied with the Mercs and who we should be hitting.

Bibby was a great leader and his execution was felt by all us Mercs, but we fought bravely and held onto the gold so that we could fly Bibb's ashes to his dream Bond villan volcanic island to be scattered!

Does anyone have a rundown of what actually happened on the day though? Pete was deposed by the survivors for killing some? Bibby was executed by the cruel Welsh King Bongo?? If someone can fill in all the blanks it would be good to read it as I was so absorbed in fighting for my life at the end I didnt see what had happned

I will say to Jamie though, I am buying a colt python with your name on it sir! So no more firing nothing at you when I find ya ;)

A bloody awesome day for my first Anzio game of 2012 and my first ever Corp Wars!

Loved all the surprise attacks by Jaime on the Imperial base! A sneaky one man army.

The best bit for me would be right near the end where every one was surrounding the Merc base. Defiantly looked like something off of a Hollywood action movie haha.

Can't wait for the next Corp Wars!

Which game were you at dunk? I didn't get executed I was there till the end! Hiding in the toilet like but I was there:-)

Cheers

Bibby

A fairy epic day especially towards the end when sides started switching and people changed up loyalties. Didn't see a single issue all day rules wise and everyone got into the spirit of the day.

i do have a few things how ever that should be considered for the next and last corp wars and that stopped the day from being truly fantastic.

Firstly the game didnt feel weighted properly i know the uk survivors were sposed to have help from the ca (no shows) and pec but it just felt like the mercs and imps both had us in their sights from the word go which ment we were out number two to one.

Lack of objectives as well uks initial brief was get bongo and that felt like it when we got told the location of gold we got it but all we felt we had to do was sit and defend the magazine which event tho proved for some epic battles left the guys board The merc and imp objectives were mutually exclusive and sucked alot of dynamic out of the scenario untill the very end

The whole confusion with camo came up again and Jamie switching people round mid game made it confusing to tell whos on side with who eventually ending up in the red tape coming out which even then wasnt the end of it.

But again this was a fantastic day i just hope we can iron out these few niggles and make the next one a truly epic game to go out on. Bring it on!

Which game were you at dunk? I didn't get executed I was there till the end! Hiding in the toilet like but I was there:-)

Cheers

Bibby

My mistake Bibby :( I was told you had gone to parley with the Imps and had been executed by them then it all went to hell and we were defending our base.....

See I didnt have a clue I was just told to kill non-mercs which I did with gay abandon :D

I overthrew Pete for being a treacherous dog and having dealings with the hated king bongo, stripped him of his pauldrons of power and then he got sent on his way. Someone had to take the leadership of the survivors so I selflessly shouldered the burden and having inspected the troops realised that the only way to survive was to pledge loyalty to our noble and gracious monarch good king bongo. Shortly after we moved our kit down to imperial hq Pete was recaptured having joined up with the mercs (said he was a treacherous dog) so we hauled him off and executed him. Next stop, bringing back the empire...

1 person likes this

Get in touch if any of you boys need some fire power, we're always available for hire.

lol, so you off'd your leader because he made deals with Bongo, then you yourself made dealings with bongo......

you sir are someone who should be in the mercs next time were in town, we like the cut of your jib.

2 people like this

<BR>That said, the three gents on our UK survivors lot were well impressed with the site and said they very much enjoyed it. I believe it was their first time on site too!

That'll have been us......

Firstly i'd like to thank everyone for making us so welcome on Sunday. As Waco says, it was our first visit to Anzio, a site i've wanted to visit for some time, but work has generally denied me the chance. When asked on Saturday as to wether i'd like to come down, i instantly accepted. Finally having a look at

Anzio.

So, we were on our way, and despite the blizzard we encountered we found the site easily. was refreshing to go somewhere that had a noticable sign to the site. Check in and paying was quick, and the brief was imformative and left us knowing what we needed to do.

So, the game started, with our 3 guarding the UK survivor HQ. There were a few probing assaults but nothing major. After a while some of the Uk S who had

been out into the site returned from respawn to be retasked, and this was the point we got to get out into Anzio with a brief to clear down to medical. We

swept through several buildings and came out near medical. We had a few small encounters getting to our location, but it was when we left a building near

medical we saw several Imperials and took them out. Minutes later we saw a gathering of 8 or so imperials, and they hadn't spotted us. We opened up on

them, took a few out, and they retreated behind the building. We flanked round the other side, and had our first real engagement of the day. We engaged a mix of Mercs and Imperials, but were tagged and bled out. The morning continued in this way until i had to drop out just before lunch due to my knee.

Lunch came and went, the hot tea was very welcome, and we went back out into the afternoon.

Again there were several attacks by the Imperials, i believe i may have shot a guy who had his hand up during one of these attacks, apologies to him, but it did look to me that he was healing his team mate.....

The small group of PEC were instrumental in helping to repel these attacks.

Then it happened!

Another Imperial attack came in, and was repelled. There were around half a dozen Imperials at the bottom of the little road up to our HQ, with a few of our guys milling about making sure no rescue would come. I looked again, and there he was! "BONGO" i yelled, "there!" pointing to the figure stood there cradeling

his M60.

So we had Bongo. It would only be a matter of time before the Imperials came for him.

I wasn't wrong.

I have to say, the Imperials , with Merc allies, executed an excellant assault to rescue Bongo, and we were soon overrun. our glorious leader was taken, and so in the space of half an hour the tables had been turned.

Several groups went out to try to retreave the Boss, all came back empty headed. Then he came back, released by the Imperials.

Heated discussions now started between the senior members of UK S, conversations i wasn't privvy to, as another attck was incoming.

Suddenly the attack was forgotton, as our own leader was going mental and shooting his own. he was subdued and disarmed, and the Imperials attack was

repelled.

And thats pretty much it. My dicky knee was locking up by now, so i had to retire to the safe zone and sit out the last hour. I did witness the PEC in the process of taking out the Mercs when i was walking down to the safe zone, so i did leave play with a grin on my face.......

Anzio is a great place for a skirmish. The players are friendly and welcoming, and i can only find one negative in that there were no maps available for new players.

We will be back again, definately for the final installment of Corp war, and hopefully for some of the Veteran days mentioned by a few people. Thanks to all who made us welcome, hope to see you all again soon.

Ratty

before i go off on one id just like to basically echo what everyone else has said about it being such a great day, had such a laugh and the play was brilliant all round. This was my second game at anzio, the first being the zombie apocalypse game.. so this was the first time i got to really appreciate it as a cqb enviroment as apposed to a running shit scared enviroment!

So anyway here the day from the PEC point of view;

a group of three of us went down (2 Wildcards) and as we signed in i noticed there was only one other person on the list for our team..... this made me grin from the off :P

we had a chat with jamie and he filled us in on the basics of what had gone on at the last corp wars and how thats going to affect our role in this game.... basically we were not to be a major part of this game as the PEC had been thrashed in the last game with few survivors left. The UKS are fighting against the Imps and were gunna give them a hand and cause as much trouble for the Imps and Mercs as possible (basically run round and **** SHIT UP)... fine by me.

Now il have a brief little write up about some memorable events from throughout the day.

Only having played at this site once before i knew were the magazine was, the firing range and the pub! luckily we were based at the firing range so the four of us managed to make our way up there and set up camp (1 Deck chair and some water :P)

Once set up we promptly made our way down to D1 having a snoop around when we seen about 10-12 Mercs coming in our direction from the pub. we ran upstairs and waitied in the corner room until they were in range.... then peppered the lot of em :P ! 2 guys managed to make there way up the stairs to us and we had abit of contact down the corridor with them, 2 of our lads took hits, we medicd them, took one of the enemy out then got out of there!

After this we made our way upto the magazine to let the UKS know that we were friendly and would not be causing them any trouble...... what a twitchy lot they were, never had so many guns pointed at me at once! anyway we had a brief chat before some enemy were spotted in the distance so we ran off to deal with it and prove our loyalty :P This worked nicely for us throughout the day as the UKS would not engage us and actually joined up with us on a few assaults when we bumped into them.

--

after a few attempts at attacking the Merc base ending in no success whatsoever we decided that with our team of four we had no chance in a head on firefight with them so would have to pick our time to attack wisely! once we saw our opportunity we walked right in there, turned there horrendous music off and had a snoop around for some gold. Unfortunatley we couldnt find any so moved on (gutted we didnt think to steal there flag!)

---

upon returning to our base to respawn we saw the UKS getting hammered ! (think it was Imps) we charged up behind them and took most of them out, revived about 7 or 8 hit UKS. This is when Bongo turned up with the rest of his Imps and we managed to capture him. Now Gaining the trust of the UKS 2 of us made our way into their HQ for a rest, whilst admiring how good their base was compared to our abysmal one at the firing range we came accross a stack of GOLD BARS!.. (i thought... it would be rude not to really wouldnt it?) plus i think we deserved payment after such a valiant effort. so we slipped three of them into our jackets and made a swift exit!

we quickly returned to our base to hide them then headed towards the Mercs to do some bargining. Using some bits of wood (which looked nothing like gold bars may i add) we managed to get the attention of Four Leaf and some other mercs, we told them we wanted to chat to bibby about some gold we have. after a short chat and Bibby being very unconvincing in saying hes not going to just rob us we said ok to his proposed deal anyway and left unscathed. After this we made our way straight over to the imperials and did the same thing to them, had a chat with bongo and agreed we would join up with them, go and smash the UKS, stop off at the firing range to pick up our loot then maybe hit the Mercs on the way back.

at this point we realised that we still had the trust of the UKS, the mercs thought we wer going to give them our gold and the imps thought we were now with them..... So basically we had about 10-15 minutes to walk around the site and not be shot at by anyone because they all thought we were on there team! ohhh you sneaky PEC! :ph34r: :ph34r:

--

Soon after the mercs and the imps got together to stage one big attack on the UKS, we joined up with them and started making our way up the site, then realising that there bases were left with only a few people guarding them we snuck off and headed back to the imperial base where we found two guys guarding it, one in either stores. we started chatting with them and had a snoop around but couldnt see no gold, our only option was to take them out, have a quick look before they had to regen and radio back, i sent one of our guys over to the other stores to take out 1 guard and i was planning to knife the other... then bibby turned up!.. we had a casual chat for a minute or so then as he went to walk away i saw the other guard had been taken out and shouted medic! i knew i had to do something now before it kicked off, i pulled out my knife, knifed the guard who i was talking to then sprinted accross the yard as fast as i could and knifed bibby in the back :P :P ! after a good search we found the gold and legged it!!

--

After all this pretty much everyone was pissed off with us so once we had hid our godl with the rest of it we re supplied and got back out there (shotgun time :D )

we rounded the day off with a good few firefights! i was made up as it was the first time i got to have a good go with my shotty in this type of enviroment and i must say it was absolutley brilliant!

i think i speak for the 4 PEC when i say we had an absolutley brilliant day all around, personally the best game of airsoft ive had as of yet and il have to be visiting anzio again sometime soon!.. il definitley be attending the final installment of the corp wars as this type of all day game just gives you freedom that you wouldnt get on a normal open day!

if you got this far youve done well as i know ive gone on quite abit!

Cheers

-Michael

1 person likes this

yet another great episode of the corp wars,

there was a 2 points with 2 guys not takin hits ...but it was later resolved, id post a name and shame vid but it aint necasary.

The uk survivours where screwed from the start with such force coming at us, but being up at the mag everned it out a fair bit. My ammo just dissapeared by the end of the day. honest pete why such betrayal? Was it because I robbed all your gold from the past wich was in the far future on another planet, which was anzio :huh: ...

who was that guy hiding in that bush on the road between D4 and the mag? i wana know if i was hitting anywhere near you?

bring on the next corp wars

That was a brilliant game day

Can't believe we didn't steal that flag Micheal =)

That would have been all our "objectives" ticked off

1 person likes this