Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
matt24

getting UKARA!

23 posts in this topic

so ill be attending kiddeminster on the 15th, this will be my third time attending a airsoft day 1 at anzio, 2 at kiddeminster, i have a few questions:

1. i dont have any official ID (passport) but i have a university ID card that has a photo on it

2. i heard that it has to be two whole months before i can apply for UKARA but this will be the last time im going until september time, how else can i go about getting UKARA if i cant do it on the 15th (first game was on the 9th of june!)

There is no other way around the 2 months that I know about sadly, You must attend the 3 games in a period no less than 3 months.

If you were to do a game in september you would qualify for UKARA, but if you are not airsofting till then their is no need to buy a gun is their?

I'm not sure if F&O would sell to you and say you're a valid skirmisher, I doubt it, but someone will clarify that for me.

ID im unsure about sadly.

Edited by maccyT808

ah that sucks, if i bring relevant id to someone who does UKARA could they possibly do it on the 9th of august once the 2 months is up?

Hmm, good question, I doubt it but just wait for someone with more experiance on this to post haha

"play a minimum of 3 games in no less than 2 months"

In your case if your first game was 9th june then you qualify for time on the 9th August, if you played 3 game total of more on that day.

If you still havent hit 3 games (if you played 9th and will play 15th, thats two) you only need one more and that can be when you play in september as remember you can order a gun through the F&O shop and they will have it ready on the day you get your UKARA processed.

Indeed , after you meet the qualifying criteria(see above) you could visit a site, with your filled in form and ID, to get ukara processed even if your not playing that day.

sorry didn't explain correctly i played on the 1st of july too!

*edit* so the 15th of july will be the 3rd time I've played just wondering if i have to come to play a 4th gam just to get my ukara or i could pop down to a site around the 9th ( whenever there is a event) to get my ukara?

Edited by matt24

You can play as many games as you want in those 2 months but the 3rd game that counts toward UKARA won't count until after the 2 month period is up. So your 3rd game won't count until September when you next play. But you can ask and see if they'll get your desired rif in for your September game as you will theoretically be registered.

ohhh okay i just got confused i thought it was *play 3 games within 2 months* :s ahha kicking myself now okay thanks haha so when i play after the 9th of august ill be able to register UKARA?

Yes but if you're that desperate see if you can speak to the marshal there about getting your desired gun in for that game day :) and no problem :P

Yup, just as Saltyyy says.

the phrase "play a minimum of 3 games in no less than 2 months" is often read as "in less than" when its "in no less than"(i.e more than)

yeah thanks for clearing that up for me guys haha! ill just play a game in september sometime and i should be fine right?

Yup and if you did want a RIF from the onsite shop if you contact them ahead of time they can have it ready to roll on the day you get your ukara! and it will be within site limits as they offer that service free! (other retailers vary, a few do, alot dont, some charge for it)

Really sorry to hijack this thread but it's just changed what I thought about the UKARA. I was under the impression that if you play 3 games within 2 months you can get your RIF when those 2 months expires? So I plan to go to F&O Bolton on Aug 11th, Aug 25th, Sept 8th so I was under the impression this would mean that I could submit my UKARA registration on October 11th?

Is that right, or is it how I've interpreted this thread that instead I must play those within those 2 months, and then on top of that play a game after the 2 months before I can submit?

Thanks

You can play 2 games in a space if 2 months and then play a game after the 2 months which will count as the 3rd game. These 3 games must be played in a space of time longer than 2 months. It doesn't count if you play 3 games in under 2 months and then submit the form, the final game that counts must be after the 2 month period is over.

Can you still play a lot of games in 2 months and then play afterwards and submit afterwards? I get sucked into stuff I'm interested in quite heavily so would suck if I had to limit myself to two in two months. Can I go 3-4-5 times in 2 months and then once after 2 months and submit my registration then? So it's 5 times in 2 months and once just outside the 2 months?

Once I get the bug I get the bug. :D

You can play every week you want to, but those 3 games won't count towards UKARA until the 2 month period is over :) you'll also need to take out bronze or above membership upon submitting the form as your membership number will be your UKARA number.

Yeah that's fine, good to hear. So I'll just go whenever I want, then the next game after the 2 months has expired I can buy my RIF. Cheers for clearing it up. Got my bonus end of August. Just in time :D.

it depends which club is running the event. as long as its a first&only event it counts for them(they can only track your bookings for their games, not other event runners)

As said by Zero, it can be any site, as long as it's run by the same company. Other wise we'd get goons saying they'd played 2 games about 3 months ago at some random made up site.

Ukara registered sites can keep in contact each other, as long as we can get significant proof where you had played at, then you 3 different sites will count. The safest way to do this is to keep to the same company to speed up the process and avoid any disappointment but 3 different sites from several different groups can count.