Mcnab360

Theme / milsim based games

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys

Just wondering if there are any themed or milsim based games coming up or in the planning? possible weekenders??

I know we had Strikeback at Asylum and I think (I say that very lightly) there was to be another one this year, or it was being considered.

I hope so will hae to keep an eye out. Asylum may be a bit of a distance for me but think would be worth it. Wonder if we have any xmas specials on this year

Would like to do a milsim or a weekender with F&O next year. did a 24 hour milsim with I.E.D in march and i have to say, i wasn't very impressed :mellow:

Operation Strikeback: Krechenkovs Revenge is a possibilty for 2013. Got loads of ideas to try and implement for it, so keep your eyes peeled on the F&O Midlands newsletter for details.

I remember the first corps wars weekender now that was awesome!

Op Strikeback sounds great shame i missed the last one. May need to venture further south from Wigan to some of the midlands sites.

Just out of curiosity which is the largest F&O site in the UK? Ive been to anzio which is a nice big place are there any bigger site we have?

I consider Wrexham to be one of the big ones. feels bigger than anzio

The problem with special events is if we run them at premium sites like Anzio, we end up getting far fewer people than if we just ran a regular open day.

Mathematics being what they are...

I enjoy these events far more than a regular open day and the level of play, hit taking and all round experience is fantastic. If someone could guarantee a 150+ person turn up I don't doubt there would be more interest in running special events up North ways again.

Ive been looking at popping to wrexham a its not to far and looks interesting. what kind of terrain, buildings etc are over at wrexham?

Been along time since ive been to heyford. I used to live near there. but would defo go there for a day but a weekend would be better.

I know its hard to get large numbers together and i understand the maths behind it shame really coz the big days that ive been to are amazing. May have to just keep an eye out for the southern site special days.

Wrexham is a strange one, hard to describe. You have woodland, rolling hills and scrubland, concrete buildings and bunkers. Concrete tunnels and loads of sneaky places to hide and ambush. It basically has a bit of everything.

It is a very large and very varied site. Plus the green fee is low.

If it is wet, expect mud like any site that is not FIBUA really.

The problem with 150 people at Anzio is it naturally wouldn't work for a milsim event. Equally, a lot people's opinion of milsim isn't actually milsim. Unfortunately, the very good attempts at a more serious event such as the vet's days (whilst were definitely not milsim, they had a more involving rule set), regularly reduced to skirmish by the afternoon as a lot of players simply prefer skirmish rule set.

Whilst I would love to see it come back, and bigger events with a less skirmish orientated rule set being used.I personally (my own opinion) cannot see it happening anytime soon. I do see how the numbers don't stack financially and as a business if 150 pple regularly attend and have a good time, why risk that.

IMO, there are companies out there that run very good milsim / involving events, enjoy them for what they and enjoy probably the best skirmish events with F&O for what they are.

On a side note, if the vets days were to come back, this would be a good thing as a player...

2 people like this

Yeah Id go along with what Will has said. If you want to try a milsim type game there a re companies that do solely these types of games.

Although I would like to see the vets days come back, might not make as much money on them but if its what the players want them then it would be like giving a bit back to the guys who like more serious games.

2 people like this

Yeah Id go along with what Will has said. If you want to try a milsim type game there a re companies that do solely these types of games.

Although I would like to see the vets days come back, might not make as much money on them but if its what the players want them then it would be like giving a bit back to the guys who like more serious games.

Second this....nuff said.

1 person likes this

What sites would you suggest for more of the milsim stuff? Just i have been a few times with F&Oand i like the open days but i would like to experience an "event" day just because i like the more team/tactical approach to it.

What sites would you suggest for more of the milsim stuff? Just i have been a few times with F&Oand i like the open days but i would like to experience an "event" day just because i like the more team/tactical approach to it.

I don't think I can mention other companies on F&O's forum... but if you google: 'airsoft catterick', the first two results will lead you to one of the UK's leading Mil-sim providers.

3 people like this