Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrCarroll

24th nov anzio feedback + videos or photos

8 posts in this topic

i had a great day marshalling and playing considering the weather,

please give feedback here guys cheers.

first time as a marshal and thought it was brilliant. great gameplay from both sides, would like to thank Sam for running the games, i prefer long games as you tend to get into the story better if that makes sense! thanks to all the marshals who help educate us new marshals and to Jamie for inviting us to join the marshals. it was strange watching the games rather than playing in them! cheers guys.

2 people like this

Another fab day guys again enjoyed the longer games as it meant there was alomoast no time when we werent in game. Excellent marshaling and had no problems (:

A goods days shooting, however my one major gripe would be time keeping, the booking thread states that safety brief will be at 0930 and game on at 1000, however we didn’t get started until 1030 today and as a result a chunk of the day was wasted. This is definitely more of an issue in the winter months what with the sun setting at 1600.

The day was a bit slow to get started, but once the first game got going, it was a brilliant day, weather could have been better but it didnt seem to make the day any less awesome. Only my second time airsofting (Both times at Anzio), but definitely more to come, lots lots more.

Marshalling was excellent and the longer games were nice

I did get some video footage of the day, but with a few hours worth of footage caught by different people during the day, some of which is unusable due to masks covering part of the camera (Not me filming for that mistake B) ) and the camera angle being a little too high (my bad) it may take a while to dig out all the good bits of footage. In the mean time, some of what i've dug out and uploaded so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQcITFENl3Y

Please feel free to criticise, mock, suggest, etc.

Regarding the late start, yes, we were aware of this and did everything we could to get things moving as quickly as possible short of beating people with branches lol!

A lot of players turned up VERY late. Normally if it is only a few we give them a separate safety brief so their lateness does not impact on the other people. Also as you have noticed we are very keen on having longer games where once the briefing is done and it is game on, people are then free to leave the game play area and bomb up or fiddle around with their gear at their hearts content.

Thank you for the feedback regarding this of course. We welcome all feedback good and bad.

Seems weird but bad feed back is very useful as lets us know what to look at and good feed back what to make better.

Cheers jamie

I will go against the flow :D

I really really enjoyed my day at Anzio, havent been for a couple of months due to real life and other commitments, and loved every minute of it on Saturday! Games were good fun and a good bit of a change!

Highlight was the scientist game, chasing the opfor who had captured Andy, across the parade ground, with me doing a tactical roll over the bushes... it was more a stumble but as there were onlookers I stood up, dusted myself off and continued the fight, later to claim it was all deliberate :D

1 person likes this