morpheus225

Best camo...

13 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Still quite new to Airsofting here, so sorry if this is a silly question.

But what is the best camo for The Outpost? I have heard some people say black is best and some just say use normal camo. I ended up getting some US ACU camo off ebay cheap; which is quite light. Will I stick out like a sore thumb in these tunnels?

I also bought some black camo trousers (black and dark grey); would these be best?

Cheers,

Andy

From experience UCP camo is rubbish nearly everywhere.

Desert camo seems to work well at The Outpost as does ATACS.

I don't really recommend black as you are then highlighted against the white walls. If you are in darkness, you are hard to see anyway. However I tended to stick to dark areas so my black trousers and light grey 5.11 shirt did not cause me any issues.

To be honest, camo doesn't matter at all, you'll find out what I mean when you play!

I've played in MTP, Flecktarn and DPM down there, just hug the walls and avoid shadows, you'll be fine :)

camo in airsoft is much of a muchness, ive only been to the outpost once but from what ive seen urban camps along with blacks will work well and so will desert camo. for once that american acu camo will probably work, though i would personally get it a little dirty before the game to dim the colours a little (then burn it after the game, but thats just my anti americanism shining through)

1 person likes this

I know but ive used the correct abbreviations before and just got "huh?" as a response. call it laziness on my part.

I know but ive used the correct abbreviations before and just got "huh?" as a response. call it laziness on my part.

Share your knowledge then, not the mistake. ;) Not having a go, just not sharing the mistake. :)

1 person likes this

As said above, it doesnt tend to matter (at least in my opinion anyway), its dark in a lot of places down there so all you would really see would be a silhouette of a person, if they aren't standing under a direct light.

as long as your not neon or glow in the dark anything works in the tunnels. keeping quite and staying in cover, hugging walls etc is the best way to avoid getting hit.

1 person likes this

You could try wearing a high-vis vest?

No because somehow people will always still end up shooting the marshals :P