Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ravenscroft

2nd March Feedback Thread

47 posts in this topic

Alright guys,

Overall another good day at Anzio.

Few issues did crop up but were delt with quickly.

But enough of my rambling - how did you find it?

The day was good a nice return to the site

there was a few issues of hit taking through the day

However there was some amazing moments where i was able to hold 5 yellows in the Embassy :) was soo good :)

Great day. Only a small amount of problems but sorted out quick.

Had to go rambo style in the last game after both batterys dead and running out of gas.

Charged full on with only my knife. Almost got a kill in the bar. :-P

3 people like this

I was called for hit taking as I was running full pelt with an objective but honestly didn't feel a hit. It apparently hit my back but I HAVE a sadf vest so wouldn't have felt it.

I offered to return it to where they said I was hit but they were cool.

Not a bad day for me although my batteries didn't seem to last long at times! MP7 went, followed by my first M4 and then my second M4 although that might have had something to do with going through about 7000 BBs! I normally just run pistols at Anzio and wish at had this time too but it's nice to be able to launch rounds down range once in a while.

I got sunburn...

There seemed to be a few issues with hit taking throughout the day with both teams calling cheats, overall I didn't see any non-hit taking it slow reactions to calling HIT! :P

I infact seen a Taliban player complain about me to a marshal when from what I could tell his gun wasn't even firing BBs lol.

Today was also the first time when I heard BBs make a pichang, no idea how else to describe it, as the BBs came in fast and ricocheted off the walls lol.

There was some excellent gameplay and I think I preferred the Single Only that was enforced in the final game, think it would have been better during the whole day but I may be biased because I only run mid-caps and semi-auto anyway :P.

Best part of the day I think was actually dying from a grenade in D1 corridor on the top floor, player at the other end, throws a grenade across the floor and I'm confident it won't make it through the doorway at the other end where in stood behind and it slides through right in front of me about an inch from my foot, precision grenade roll ftw :P.

Thanks to the marshals and players for what was in my opinion a great day

Andy

First time to site, normally always play the midland sites. Anzio is a great site but Sadly didn't enjoy the day and sat out the last 2 games.

Dont get me wrong the Staff were very good at dealing with the issues that popped up. And it looked like they had afew issues to sort.

The group I came with generally couldn't get into the games, the scenarios didn't inspire anything. Staff just should have said red vs yellows. Reds never real didn't anything throughout the day and the yellows overpowered the reds throughout.

There was so many people on my team not taking there hits and still shooting at opposite team, this wasn't really a case of long range shooting & not feeling the bb, this was more Close Quarters. Disappointing.

It felt like there was a lot of regulars onsite & they seemed to bend the rules slightly, it didn't really feel like at site for all players as stated on site.

I just like to add that these are just my thoughts, and I'm sure most if not all would disagree with my comments. I just wanted to share my experience of the day.

Look foward to seeing the photos & videos posted, there was plenty taken :)

Kind Regards.

There was so many people on my team not taking there hits and still shooting at opposite team, this wasn't really a case of long range shooting & not feeling the bb, this was more Close Quarters. Disappointing.

Kind Regards.

We appreciate your feedback on the day.

i hope you either reported the players that you saw not taking there hits to a marshall or you told them yourself they have been hit.

For me it was a Great Day few problems but they were dealt with. loved being the VIP and pissing off a lot of the red players due to me wondering off when they were not looking

3 people like this

Some photos on the First & Only Airsoft group on FB by Alex Holly

Edited by Rebo00
2 people like this

Great day with some excellent skirmishes. I do feel sorry for the lad on the red team venturing into a wide open space coming towards me and then about 6 yellows popped over the hill and peppered him. :-) I noticed an issue with hit taking, but to be honest, if they want to be un sportsmen like and not take their hits, then so be it. It is only themselves they are cheating!

Brilliant day, one of my best, killed so many players by chilling inside bushes infront of D4, and later on by the med block, good sportsman ship and great games,

There were issues about hit taking, some people also didn't say they were hit, so I ended up putting more bb's into them and getting abuse for it because I didn't hear them say hit, either they whisperd it or thought I could mind read as these happened mere feet away from me,

But overall a fantastic day :)

Overall had a good day apart from a few issues that I would like to bring up...

Hit taking by some yellows was terrible, the worst I had seen. One yellow got hit fully auto by me and a mate at the same time (we were stood next to each other) the yellow was approx 20 meters away got hit all over the body and he turned around and run away to hide! WTF!

Some of the red team would not respawn but stand around in the regen point chatting while the other reds were getting pushed right back making it hard for the reds to gain any ground. Its my opinion that the teams should have been mixed up after lunch to make it more fair. Its not great when you are always on the back foot with some of the team not pulling their weight.

Also we got stuck in pretty much the same places, with the sun in our eyes, is it possible to change regen points during the day to mix it up a little bit?

Another issue was being told in the morning that the perimeter had a fence and in the fence was in bounds, then to be told in game that the red sign was the limit? This was not communitcated very well in the morning breif. If the red sign is the game boundary please make this clear before the game.

I have no idea why we were shouted at like little kids when we didnt get to a game brief. About 30 of us at the far end of the safe zone were told by a marshall to move out and go to the game brief. I left immediatley and was turned back by a marshall!! Said we had missed the game brief! Total mis-communication by marshalls in my opinion and then to be shouted at and swore at like it was our fault! Trust me I understand everyone wants to play as much as possible (including me!) but if 30 of us dont know the next game is starting then I dont see why we were to blame. I paid £35, I want to play as much as anyone else so I wouldnt have done this on purpose.

The last issue - last game pistols v AEGs. We moved through embassy to flank them held up in pub, only to run into a group of people listening to a marshall behind D5. We were confused what was going on, asked a marshall to be told "we are not part of your game". Nice, thanks for letting us know before sending us out there!

When the 2nd to last game ended they did say you have 5mins to bb up, 5mins later the game brief started.

To walk from the game to the other end of the safe zone (bottom end of the warehouse style building) would take longer than 5 mins nevermind reloading BB's and getting back.

Maybe this should be taken into account?

Some of the red team would not respawn but stand around in the regen point chatting while the other reds were getting pushed right back making it hard for the reds to gain any ground. Its my opinion that the teams should have been mixed up after lunch to make it more fair. Its not great when you are always on the back foot with some of the team not pulling their weight.

Often there were Reds saying after endex, "why bother with yellows not taking hits". Perhaps this is a reason why some Reds were as forthcoming in the games.

As I commented early, there were many on my team not taking there hits.

It wasn't a terrible day, I was still happy with handing over the ££ for the days games, of what I played.

Kind Regards

Lewis

Often there were Reds saying after endex, "why bother with yellows not taking hits". Perhaps this is a reason why some Reds were as forthcoming in the games.

As I commented early, there were many on my team not taking there hits.

It wasn't a terrible day, I was still happy with handing over the ££ for the days games, of what I played.

Kind Regards

Lewis

It was a good day dont get me wrong, just I felt there were a few more issues than normal.

Still had a good day, does anyone have a link to the photos?

Cheers

In answer to Rodders - unfortunately matey, we try not to change regen points as in the past when we have had large numbers on site, changing regen points causes mass confusion for most of the field.

In regard to site boundaries - i was the marshal that moved you on in the afternoon and asked you to consider the red sign as a marker/boundary. As you say technically you were within the site boundaries, but were being fired upon whilst almost in the safe zone, so although you weren't doing anything wrong the fact that you were being fired upon caused a danger to those in the safe zone as the rounds were hitting the side of the hangar and potentially cars just outside. I hope this helps clear a couple of things up for you :)

That aside, there were some gameplay issues but overall the feedback on-site from the day was good, and hopefully any instances of bad sportsmanship that did occur won't put anyone off what is still very much a great site. I didn't get to go shooting but still enjoyed the challenges and majority of gameplay through the day, the highlight of which for me was watching a new player (on yellows) run to cover by D5, crawl under a bush with his hire gun, and by himself enter the side of the building full of reds and scare the crap out of them with some success :)

See you in a fortnight folks...

1 person likes this

In answer to Rodders - unfortunately matey, we try not to change regen points as in the past when we have had large numbers on site, changing regen points causes mass confusion for most of the field.

In regard to site boundaries - i was the marshal that moved you on in the afternoon and asked you to consider the red sign as a marker/boundary. As you say technically you were within the site boundaries, but were being fired upon whilst almost in the safe zone, so although you weren't doing anything wrong the fact that you were being fired upon caused a danger to those in the safe zone as the rounds were hitting the side of the hangar and potentially cars just outside. I hope this helps clear a couple of things up for you :)

That aside, there were some gameplay issues but overall the feedback on-site from the day was good, and hopefully any instances of bad sportsmanship that did occur won't put anyone off what is still very much a great site. I didn't get to go shooting but still enjoyed the challenges and majority of gameplay through the day, the highlight of which for me was watching a new player (on yellows) run to cover by D5, crawl under a bush with his hire gun, and by himself enter the side of the building full of reds and scare the crap out of them with some success :)

See you in a fortnight folks...

Thanks,

I guess changing regen would cause confusion!

Anyway it was a good day and I will come back

Cheers

I had a good day i teamed up with the anzio immortals and some other guys and saw some great team work from both sides had some good battles there did seem to be some none hit takings but I think its hard to call, it looks like you are hitting the target and the incoming fire seems to have the range ,but at the end of the day it's down to the individual to play the game honourably ,I sure the majority of us have all been guilty of not taking hits at some time or another for example when your on the-retreat going through bushes or ricochets in buildings ,but when your having a face to face battle you know your getting hit and there's no excuse. I've been to anzio a few times now it's the site I play at most, but it's the first time I've seen such negative feed back.i know some times the marshals can some times come across a bit abrupt with the shouting and swearing but for some people that's part of the fun (military style) I'm sure it's nothing personal and it must be hard for the Marshals to keep the games running smoothly they do a good job .

I've only got one complaint and that's not been able to play the last game pistols against AEGS because me and friend was a minute or two late but i suppose we just copt for the stress of the day (grumpy marshal) joke.

Good day well marshalled .

i thourt it was areally good day, there was athoue issue, i under stand that there was anumber of players turend away for a start of agame, this was due to them not being there on time, every one was tould at the start of the day, about timeings.

from reading reading other people's thoughts it does seem wide across the board there was a issue with Hit taking, i usally dont like to contest with it as i am well aware when your in the thick if it it can be hard to to notice if its a genuine hit or a richoceit or hear it.

But there was one major incident that annoyed me, when i was trying to get away from the Regen i was with a mate and he an i where lay down on the floor. we spotted a large group of yellows running across we both openend up on them as they ran across out fire path.

i was pretty damn sure i hit at least 2 of them and i even asked the guy who was with me for a second opion before i opened my mouth about the issue and he confirmed he saw them rounds hit, it was after that the opened up and i hit one as he leaned out which was a good honorable hit taken and good show to that man.

sadly as this incident happened it made me aware that perhaps i should fire off more rounds to make sure i had hit my targets and there was no excuse for people to say they hadn't been hit, it was after that i had some negative remarks thrown at me which i felt yeah in any other situation id stand up and say yeah sorry my bad but i did feel abit irritated by it

BUT.... never the less i still enjoyed myself through the day and had fun as always

and being very lucky in not loosing a tooth despite getting shot very closely in the lips lol with 10 secs of the day left ahaha :) still gotta laugh about it made my eyes water and have the war wound now ;)

1 person likes this

Satdi for me was a great day had a lot of fun and met some great guys which is a big part of it for me.

First game went a bit slowly for me but thats why its a warm up game I suppose lol

Had some stirling moments.

1 was a 4 man pyro kill in the pub. A couple of red were trying to flush out 4 yellows from the back corridor in the pub but with not much joy. I rocked up saying " look this is how you do it " popped a flash bang in there and walked off lol boom! 4 dead yellows

2 was being tucked in the top floor cormer ov d5 looking over the carpark to the embankment and towards the building across the road. I sat in the corner of the window picking off yellows like it was a turkey shoot. Well this was when they took there hits but hey thats another story.

3 my 1 man pistol charge across the bottom carpark in the last game managed to take out 3 aegs before 1 took me out

I trust the marshalling at f&o the firm and fair. Any issues they saw were dealt with immediately. I personally witnessed them dealing with several issues from blind fire, to not hit takers and full auto in buildings swiftley. You have to remember there are a lot af marshalls but there we a lot of us and they can't cover every single area were fighting is goin on.

I did see a lot of reds in regen chatting but you will find this does happen for a few reasons. They may be waiting for the rest of there team to come back or they may be bombing up before going back etc

I did see a lot of none hit taking mainly from the yellows tbh. I have magnified acog and was watching my round bouch off people and they carried on to the point were I had to give a few blasts with auto and just like robocop carried on. I even hit someone square in the face as he popped his head out a window and I watched the double tap bouch off his goggles. At the end of the day these people will come a cropper. I wouldve reported but couldnt see a marshal at that point so just carried on regardless.

I must say there was a serious amount a spray and prat going on. I bet the f&o shop made a fortune on ammo sales haha I much prefered the semi games tbh

All in to me a great day . I will as ever always come back for more coz f&o always deliver a decent day for me

Mcnab out!

Edited by Mcnab360
1 person likes this

Well to be honest, I was expecting it to be a pretty crap day for me, I had just spent £350 on a new rifle, only to find out my charger had not charged my Li-Po properly so I couldnt use it,

shame i didnt hear about this mate i had a spare lipo in my bag you could of used, that i brought spare as i was running gas.

and being very lucky in not loosing a tooth despite getting shot very closely in the lips lol with 10 secs of the day left ahaha :) still gotta laugh about it made my eyes water and have the war wound now ;)

i witnessed this as did quite a few other people. Glad to hear you didn't lose a tooth mate it looked very painful

Well to be honest, I was expecting it to be a pretty crap day for me, I had just spent £350 on a new rifle, only to find out my charger had not charged my Li-Po properly so I couldnt use it. [/Quote]

Dude I had 6 spare LiPos! You should have asked a Marshal to ask after a briefing :P

Another point on the not enough time to join in the next game after the end of the last, previously it's been said 'be there for the briefing so you know what's going on and then sort out your kit'

My team did that after Khe Sahn type game briefing and had time after it to grab are guns, bbs and get to D5 with time to spare

1 person likes this