Muskett00

What would make Anzio F&O even more amazing?? Ideas?

45 posts in this topic

8, Safe-zone. I like that eye pro is compulsory in the whole site except inside buildings at Asylum... Make eye - pro compulsory outside of the hangar !

WTF ???

Eye / Face protection IS compulsory on Site except in the Safe Zone.

Whether you're in or out of a building, protection MUST be worn.

You're seriously telling me you're taking it off in Game ???

That will get you banned for life

Think you’ve misinterpreted, at Asylum if I recall, eye protection can only come off once you enter the safe zone building.

Compared to Anzio (not sure if you’ve been so apologies if this is patronising), the safe zone effectively starts where it is separated from the live area by green netting, as this also marks the start of the secondary car park, leading to the hangar and primary car park you have this intermediate area between the netting and hangar where I wouldn’t say people are more likely to tit about, but I could understand why someone would feel more vulnerable without eye pro in that area vs when in the hangar.

I've just watched this video and it gave me an idea

during the video, the player takes several members of the opposing team and held them as hostages.

i've noticed that most games that involve a VIP, the VIP has a progressive advantage to the team. for example. one game consisted of one team babysitting a warden as he goes building to building looking for an ideal place for the next games objective (i think it was a missile launch site).

What if the VIP is a (or several) Hostages that cannot move until secured by their rescuers. this would prevent the defending team from moving and encourage FF (Friend/Foe) tactics as they cannot kill the hostage.

if the hostage was to be a very high VIP (e,g, president, vice president, CEO) the attackers must protect him as the vip only has limited medics.

if the hostage was a captured Comrade. they can defend them selves to strengthen the rescuers team.

Good idea but the problem is you either have players as VIP's, which means they're effectively out the game until recused or marshals are the VIP's, which if there aren't many marshals it means there are less vested marshals running the game. Makes for more mistakes and less issues being delta with.

Having played a VIP role as a player marshall before I was held up in D5 nearly an hour as my team couldn't get to me. That was an hours gaming out of the 2 hours I get during the day. I wasn't particularly happy about that and I'm staff. A paying customer would be far more annoyed.

3 people like this

There used to be a rule of "you can medic the opposite team and then they have to follow you for 5mins instead of bleed out after 3minutes."

Or am I just thinking of a game specific rule?

Andy

The rule used to be if you medic an enemy player they must follow your orders (within reason) for 5 mins. Most guys would send the dead guy back to regen unless it was an advantage to them. No escape rules so the captive could just bolt it if no one was watching unless stated. Personally I believe this is how it should still be as it never really officially changed and its a great feature to use in game.

1 person likes this

hardly, it's more fun when someone medic's a enemy player and they proceed to undo all the good that medic's team just achieved.

Thats when someone medics a player without looking who it is first. When you medic them on purpose you captured them and they followed you for 5 mins unless you told them to go back.

Yeah, I always thought it was a good idea :-)

Not sure if this is still the case but some clarity around full/semi auto and grenades would be useful

Full/Semi Auto:

My current understanding is thus - if you are outside a building and are 16ft away you my engage windows/doors etc on full auto. Once you close to 15ft you must switch to semi auto. If you are defending the building from the inside e.g. in a window, back in a room etc then as long as your target is more than 15ft away you may engage on full auto. If you are outside of the building however, with your back against the structure for example then you have to be on semi auto even if your target is more than 15ft away. Beyond being convoluted, it could potentially promote castling.

Grenades - 15ft/whole room kill radius except for hard cover/defilade. Does the 'whole room hit' still apply to rooms that are significantly larger than 15ft? Specifically the areas around the bars in Embassy/Pub and the dorm blocks in the D buildings which are effectively two adjoining rooms. I wouldn't expect someone to take a grenade hit from something that went off 20ft away but was technically in the same room, more so if there isn't a line of sight to the thing going off.

id like to see a last stand thing. its really popular in Asian airsoft where you get shot then can lay on your back and equip your sidearm until revived or hit again

If anything that would be really unfair for those who are not requiring medic. The person on the ground gets a rest, lower profile, a very easy to handle gun, and another chance to slot the guy who got the drop on them in the first place. I can see that kind of thing getting out of hand to be honest.

How about 2 base camp locations that each team respawns from, has kit in, holds ammo, comms and a base commander that issues missions that the team has to complete throughout the day. Say perhaps set missions for each team that must be completed each hour to gain points i.e. ambushes, package finds. Different members of each team could be put into platoons and go on different missions within the hour, thus nobody all goes on the same mission and just bunches up in one location. Give the opportunity for small skirmishes to take place. There would have to be a no go area around each base to stop spawn killing.

At the end of the day points are added up based on amount of mission points scored minus the amount of respawns each team has.

Someone mentioned the shelves next to the windows. I sidestepped from a window straight into one.

They could also knock off eye protection!

Some cover in the open grass areas leading to building entrances would be handy.

How about an obstacle course or something I between games? Shoot the targets, not the civilians, crawl under this, climb over that, timed, recorded, etc something like that? Make a competition out of it? On the drill grounds at say lunch?

Most Wanted HVT game!

4 marshals are selected as card carrying HVT's and are issued with Ace of Spades, King, Queen, Jack.

Each HVT leads a squad of 4 and are given 10 minutes after the midday break to go set themselves up (hide lol)

The rest of the players are the hunters/assassins/Tier 1 ops etc and are split into teams of 8 (or whatever gets you 5 or 6 teams)

Each team then hunts down the most wanted teams with the assassin taking the playing card from the players body (by walking up to him and taking it off him

When every HVT is down, or time runs out, the squad with the highest card wins!

No medic or regen for the hunted. If the card carrier is hit, his squad must stay to defend the card. If a non card carrier is hit, he can be medic'd by his assassin and joins the hunt for the HVT

Attacking teams do not engage each other, but they can 'steal' a card by reaching the HVT first and taking the card.

Hit hunters can be medic'd but on death regen in the main car park.

Could lead to an excellent afternoon game, and put your marshals to the test. Eventually it could be 100+ players searching every nook and cranny of Anzio, while the small squad of 4 bad guys think about their sins.

If the Ace of Spades outlives the allotted time, all the baddies win, and that team keeps the Ace of Spades for next time. The team that lasts the longest gets the Ace of Spades for next time.

Wonder if any of the marshals like the sound of this???

Edited by WattJ

Most Wanted HVT game!

4 marshals are selected as card carrying HVT's and are issued with Ace of Spades, King, Queen, Jack.

Each HVT leads a squad of 4 and are given 10 minutes after the midday break to go set themselves up (hide lol)

The rest of the players are the hunters/assassins/Tier 1 ops etc and are split into teams of 8 (or whatever gets you 5 or 6 teams)

Each team then hunts down the most wanted teams with the assassin taking the playing card from the players body (by walking up to him and taking it off him

No medic or regen for the hunted. If the card carrier is hit, his squad must stay to defend the card. If a non card carrier is hit, he can be medic'd by his assassin and joins the hunt for the HVT

Attacking teams do not engage each other, but they can 'steal' a card by reaching the HVT first and taking the card.

Could lead to an excellent afternoon game, and put your marshals to the test. Eventually it could be 100+ players searching every nook and cranny of Anzio, while the small squad of 4 bad guys think about their sins.

If the Ace of Spades outlives the allotted time, all the baddies win, and that team keeps the Ace of Spades for next time. The team that lasts the longest gets the Ace of Spades for next time.

i like the sounds of this and think it would be good to try at anzio Edited by Jay221611

Most Wanted HVT game!

thankf for spending the time to wright that up buddy , i will have a chat to Carl