Ravenscroft

Operation Cold Dawn - milsim

53 posts in this topic

After months of intense criticism about the ‘Prism’ programme, President Obama may have finally found his justification for the covert monitoring of nationals and foreign states.

At the height of the tension between nations over the use of valuable natural resources, the world shocked after Russian Television networks were hijacked by Chief of Staff Valery Gerasimov, declaring a section of Russian Military has broken away from the direct command of Commander-in-chief and President Vladimir Putin and will go to extreme lengths to prevent the aggressive advances of the USA by utilizing high grade weapons.

Although the Russian Federation decided to comment the CIA has been unable to locate two of the Federations RT-2UTTKh «Topol-M», (NATO reporting name: SS-27 "Sickle B"), a mobile platform for launching Intercontinental ballistic missiles.

Although President Putin has assured the world the matter is under control President Obama has stated that the USA will go to all costs necessary to protect its territories and ones of its Allies. Meanwhile leaks from within the CIA suggest generals are utilizing the power behind the Prism system to locate the breakaway faction with some success after an old munitions factory located near the village of Tobolsk, which seemed to become active once more.

Late June 2013 President Obama’s most celebrated generals begin planning for a secret mission code-named Operation Cold Dawn, to discover what is at the site and to neutralize any possible threat. The latest reports suggest a small force of highly trained NATO forces is to be used in order to uphold the upmost secrecy,

Zero hour for Operation Cold Dawn will take place August 10th at 10:00hours.

**RULES AND REGULATIONS!!**

We operate a ZERO tolerance policy to poor conduct!!

We will not tolerate cheats!!

We will not tolerate cheat calling or abusive behaviour towards anybody! (Tell a marshal that’s why we are there)

We will not tolerate blind fire!!

The marshal’s word is final.

We will be operating a “3 strikes and you’re out” system for Minor offences, for issues deemed major enough you may be removed from site!

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM INFORM A MARSHAL IMMEDIATELY, NOT HOURS LATER WHEN THERE IS NOTHING WE CAN DO!!

NO Alcohol is to be consumed on site whist in game, and anybody under the influence will be removed from the site immediately.

This site runs a ZERO TOLERANCE to DRUG USE, anybody found to be under the influence or seen taking drugs will be immediately removed from site and banned from all F&O Events.

Nobody is permitted to roam the site after game play has been ceased for the day unless under strict supervision of a site trained marshal.

ALL WEPONS MUST BE MADE SAFE ON ENTERING THE SAFE ZONE.

* The minimum age of player is 16 years of age and must be accompanied by an adult when on site. A disclaimer will have to be signed by the adult for any child below the age of 18 before the child is able to commence play.

* All players are to wear adequate footwear which gives maximum ankle support

(I.e. boots not trainers!). Players are also advised to wear full face masks, this is not mandatory.

To adults or people over the age of 16 years, safety glasses to ballistic standard must be worn

AT ALL TIMES on the site except in the safe zone.

* All players must sign in and out when entering or leaving the site.

* No green military lasers are to be used on site; low powered RED lasers are permitted.

* VIOLENCE, INTIMIDATION AND BULLYING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AT THIS SITE.

* Rubber knives only (must bend 180 degrees)

* All deposits are non-refundable, unless we cancel or change the event dates.

- HITS,

When a player is hit they will raise their hand and shout hit, then they will wait for either medic (medic rule has been changed to a 1 MINUTE count), and the player that is hit can be moved no more than 10 meters whilst being mediced to count them back in to the game or bleed out after 3 minutes.

A hit is classed as a DIRECT strike from a BB on any part of the player and there equipment including weapons in hand.

DEAD players cannot talk and will be deemed as poor conduct.

-FIRE MODES / FPS LIMITS.

AEGs/GBB rifles/pistols = maximum 350 fps with .2g BBS.

DMR rifles (ONCE INSPECTED & DEEMED TO BE LOCKED) = maximum 400 fps with .2g BBs

With a 60 feet minimum engagement range.

Single shot bolt action sniper = maximum 500 fps with .2g BBS.

With a 60 feet minimum engagement range.

All weapons will be chronographed before commencement of play and

Random checks will be made through out the event. Please ensure the weapon is within the set limits

And ANYBODY found to be using the gun over said limits will be removed from the event.

- AMMO RESTRICTIONS.

No spare ammo is to be carried upon the person all ammo is to be stored in mags.

All spare ammo is to be held at the re-spawn point.

People using HIGH CAP MAGS are restricted to 1 mag only and are to fire SEMI only.

No limits to LOW CAP MAGS carried.

Maximum MID CAP allowance is 6 mags

No limit to PISTOL or SHOTGUN mags but no loose ammo is to be carried.

Pistols are not to have extended mags.

Box mags are only to be used on support guns not m4s with c-mags.

DMR / bolt action sniper rifles are not to have high cap mags.

AEG maximum is 700rds unless using a high cap then its only 500

Support rifles to have 1 box mag only

DMR rifles maximum of 600 rds.

Bolt action snipers maximum of 200 rds.

NO limits on pyro being carried, however TLSFX brand pyro only on site, or Dynatec BFG's with 9mm Blanks or lower. At this time we do not allow the use of VTG's however F&O are trying to resolve the issues regarding this.

Special equipment I.E claymores will be subject to inspection before allowed to be used.

***TO BOOK YOUR PLACE***

Total cost for the weekend is £ 50

Saturday only is £ 35

Sunday only is £ 25

A deposit of £20 is to be made for the weekend or for either day,

And the remaining balance is to be paid on arrival of the event.

PAYPAL account is

[email protected]

OR

It is possible to pay the balance at any of the ARMOURY open days between now and the event however please note that your place will not be reserved until we receive payment.

-Please enter your choice of team into the Pay Pal comments box

Also details of name, D.O.B, Contact email address and phone number.

**TEAMS**

- ALLIANCE

This includes USA and UK forces

Requirements for this team are as follows;

DPM, DDPM and MTP these are the fatigues for the alliance

ALSO, if POSSIBLE M4 VARIANTS and British used rifles however this is not mandatory.

- RUSSIAN FACTION.

No MTP DDPM or DPM IS TO BE WORN BY THIS TEAM,

Any other fatigues can be worn including civvies,

This team will also require a shemagh either white and red or white and black,

If you do not own or wish to purchase a shemagh then both arms will be taped up.

***FACILITIES***

We will have a toilet in the safe zone,

Hot water for brews through the day,

A BBQ will be put on for Saturday evening,

You will be required to provide your own lunch

You will also be required to provide your own camping equipment or ensure you are back on site at least 1hr BEFORE GAME ON. Anybody leaving the site must 'Sign out'

***SITE SAFETY***

PLEASE NOTE: Channel 8 is strictly reserved for MARSHAL USE ONLY! Anybody found to be broadcasting or receiving this channel will be removed from site.

In the event of an Emergency shout a CEASEFIRE and the Location of the Emergency ** 3 TIMES ** IE: "CEASEFIRE, CEASEFIRE, CEASEFIRE. Guy has fallen down a pit in the Village"

Upon hearing a Ceasefire echo the shout across the site and place your gun on the ground in front of you, instruction will be given by marshals once the game is to recommence.

At all times a Trained First Aider will be on site, speak to the site owner in confidence regarding any medical issues.

***KIT TO BRING***

Although not mandatory we highly advise you bring: a notepad and Pencil & COMMS

We also advise you bring:

Safety Glasses

Combat clothing / rest clothing for the evening.

Spare clothes

AEG / DMR/BOLT SNIPER/ SUPPORT rifles

Pistols

Mags

Ammo

Speed loaders

Batteries

Green gas/ c02

Toolkit

Overnight kit

Rations (Food- you will not stop for lunch so be sensible)

Water

Spork

Camp stove

Wash kit

Sun Cream

Torch

***What time does the site open? ***

-Arrival for the event starts 19:00 pm on Friday the 9th August for players wishing to stay over, however you may arrive on Saturday before 9am.

-Game on starts Saturday 10am until 22:00pm

-Game on starts Sunday 10am until 16:00 pm

***Staying on Site***

The Site will be open for players to camp over on the Friday night as well as the main evening on Saturday.

BBQ's are permitted however we ask you are vigilant to the placing, ensuring they are not too close to other players tents, vehicles or other combustible materials.

The use of Caravans may be permitted however only after speaking to Bongo the Site Owner to ensure we have enough space in the safe zone for visiting players.

The Safe zone will be manned at all times by a marshal

***F&O Marshals***

We are offering a large discount to the first 6 marshals to book in, with this we ask that you act as squad leaders for the weekend Please contact Kevin Parry to claim this ***(3 slots left)***

Couple of questions if that's OK?

1) Is the # round limit for what you have in your mags, or in addition kept in the safe zone? I.e. could you have 1x 500rd Hi-cap on you and another at the respawn area, or is this overall?

2) Also, when it says no limits on low caps, does this mean low's and mid's can use burst / auto?

3) Are we talking about one 2-day game or multiple throughout?

4) No booze in game, understood. Booze at night, yes?

5) No 'spare' ammo - does this include speed loaders?

Sorry if some of these are a bit newbie, I've not done a full-on milsim weekend before, closest I've come is the Black Hawk Down night we did at Anzio.

Cheers,

Adam

1) Is the # round limit for what you have in your mags, or in addition kept in the safe zone? I.e. could you have 1x 500rd Hi-cap on you and another at the respawn area, or is this overall? round limit is on your person in game(depending on mags you have per mag rules). You can have as much spare ammo as you want at the respawn point to load back up to your "carrying allowance".

2) Also, when it says no limits on low caps, does this mean low's and mid's can use burst / auto? yup

3) Are we talking about one 2-day game or multiple throughout? Normally milsims are a series of linked missions with multiple objectives running all day and stopping for chill and sleepy time at night and then continuing on from the morning.

4) No booze in game, understood. Booze at night, yes? This is down to site operator. It does state "NO Alcohol is to be consumed on site whist in game, and anybody under the influence will be removed from the site immediately." which would suggest the evening chillout and bbq it may be allowed, though if your still squiffy at game time in the morning you wont be playing, if you do expect a ban. So I would message the site operator for clarification

5) No 'spare' ammo - does this include speed loaders? Indeed, as "No spare ammo is to be carried upon the person all ammo is to be stored in mags." A speedloader while looking like a mag doesnt function as one and therefore isnt a mag.

Couple of questions if that's OK?

1) Is the # round limit for what you have in your mags, or in addition kept in the safe zone? I.e. could you have 1x 500rd Hi-cap on you and another at the respawn area, or is this overall?

2) Also, when it says no limits on low caps, does this mean low's and mid's can use burst / auto?

3) Are we talking about one 2-day game or multiple throughout?

4) No booze in game, understood. Booze at night, yes?

5) No 'spare' ammo - does this include speed loaders?

Sorry if some of these are a bit newbie, I've not done a full-on milsim weekend before, closest I've come is the Black Hawk Down night we did at Anzio.

Cheers,

Adam

1. For High cap users extra ammo is to be left in the safe zone, the same as IMG's, They may get this at any time, but will have to return to their regen areas afterwards. Please note too restrictions on regen will be in place :)

2. Yes, You may use any fire mode with Low or mid cap mags, excluding IMGs and the standard F&O rules about engagement distances and buildings

3. The only stoppages will be for emergencies and for ENDEX at 10pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday. The games will be rolling and directly influenced by the teams intel gathering.

4. Its 'fine' in the safezone after Endex on saturday, however be responsible. Anybody causing problems will be removed from site, and if anyone is under the influence in the morning still (Including bad hangovers) they will not be allowed into game- It'll just ruin other peoples days, if not endanger your own safety on site.

5. Yes it does :) The rattle would annoy you after 5minutes anyway on a milsim, Quite, sneaky sneaky, barely shooty shooty

Nothing is too newbie! Thats what we are here for! We'd rather answer your questions fully so you know what the event will be like, rather than you turn up and not enjoy the milsim set up, as they are very different from Open days,

If you have any questions please keep asking!

Are there any limits with regards GBBRs, or are they subject to the same rules as AEGs? (700 rounds, no low-cap mag limit etc.)

Aren't all GBBR mags low cap anyway?

They'll be the same rules as AEGs

2 people like this

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure they didn't have their own ruleset. As long as I can carry 23 lowcaps with me, all is good... >_>

1 person likes this

Thanks Zero and Swampy!

Swampy:

- When you say restrictions on regen will apply, do you mean how quickly / often you can regen or how much ammo you can keep there?

- Re: Stoppages, although these games will each affect eachother, will there be 5 mins to nip back to load up in between or are we talking passing the brief via comms and keep on going?

- Re: Comms, do we need sub-channel comms or will the standard 8 channels do?

I don't want you to think I'm hesitant on joining, I just want to make sure I'm properly equipped (only have hi-caps at the moment, so will need to invest in mid's + new plate carrier if it's worth it. I normally only run 2 hi-caps at a time anyway, but an extra 200 rounds in a game like this could be very useful!

Thanks again,

Adam

1 person likes this

sometimes it may seem the ammo limits in milsim games are harsh...in fact milsim games see a fraction of the amount of firing you would get in the equivalent skirmish weekend.

Hell these days at a regular skirmish day i use maybe half a bottle the whole day.

as mentioned in swampys post...

"The only stoppages will be for emergencies and for ENDEX at 10pm on Saturday and 4pm on Sunday. The games will be rolling and directly influenced by the teams intel gathering"

"For High cap users extra ammo is to be left in the safe zone, the same as IMG's, They may get this at any time, but will have to return to their regen areas afterwards. Please note too restrictions on regen will be in place"

So you can fallback from battle to reload but think about.

1: your team will be one man down

2: probably a long trek to and from the regen area.

Think of it as a badly supplied army with long supply lines taking men away from the front to supply the rest of the force....it will weaken your side.

One of the key factors in milsim is as much uninterrupted gametime as possible. You dont simply invite the taliban back to base for hotdogs in the middle of a firefight because its time for a teabreak :)

2 people like this

Regens will open and close at certain times, regularly, to realistically imitate what'd happen in real life. For instance, closed for 20minutes, open for 10, closed for 20..... ect (Although we are yet to finalise our regen policy for this event yet)

As for Comms, Thats upto you, We advise you bring the normal PMR 446 type as this is what most people bring.

The rest is as zero says

I cant stress enough how different these events are to open days though, I remember my first one, only a relatively short event (about 5 hours) 4 and a half of these I was lay in a hedge listening to patrols pass me, watching the enemies movements and relaying information back with other squads and the platoon leader and correctly disifering the other teams code words used when encountering each other.

All this enabled use to cater our final assault which took 15minutes from the cue to us realising we were too late and they had got away.

4 shots fired, 3 missed, one hit...... my platoon leader.

In Milism allowing the enemy to pass can be so much more helpful to your team than shooting them.

Remember getting information is key!

(Im still getting used to being called swampy aha)

Fairplay swampy your doing well in here :) to be honest with everybody we have been very generous with our ammo limits as said before milsim is all about objective and intel not just about a kill count.

Guys please remember there is only limited spaces and the event is NOW open to non F&O members so get your names down and deposits in before its to late.

Hey guys

Looking at booking in my team for this event.

Couple of questions some may seem dumb so bare with me

Alot of us were USMC marpat and are all running M4s. Should we still sign up for Russkis or will we be ok for US forces ?

What are the camping arrangments? is it like Anzio were we can stay in cars or will there be areas for tents or are staying in buildings ? are the any restrictions on using camping stoves for cooking ? ( just thinking re fire / health and safety regs )

Are the normal f&o shop facilities going to be on site for ammo, pyro etc ?

Will there be any battery charging facilities?

Im sure i will think of more lol

Yeah, I just wanted to make sure they didn't have their own ruleset. As long as I can carry 23 lowcaps with me, all is good... >_>

Did make me chuckle loki. You just need to fire disapline man lol that or a big a$$ day sack and dump pouch lol

1 person likes this

Mcnab 360 how many is your team mate? Just so i can check spaces on the us team.

There is going to be space for a tent if you want or you can just sleep in the car stoves and such like are fine obviously its all use common sense kind of stuff, bit difficult for us to have battery charging at the armoury so suggest plenty of batteries, the shop will be there all weekend and also a bring and buy, hope this helps

Mcnab 360 how many is your team mate? Just so i can check spaces on the us team.

There is going to be space for a tent if you want or you can just sleep in the car stoves and such like are fine obviously its all use common sense kind of stuff, bit difficult for us to have battery charging at the armoury so suggest plenty of batteries, the shop will be there all weekend and also a bring and buy, hope this helps

Cheers for the fast response matey.

Upto now i have a confirmed 4 but could be upto another 3 so 7 in total.

Also the BBQ is it included in the cost or is this chargeable fella?

7 should be fine mate let us know the final number when you have it.

And the BBQ is part of the price however i believe

Bacon and sausage butties are available in the mornings ( but will confirm this at a later date )

mmmmmm bacon butties!!

Cheers fella thanks for the response

Edited by Mcnab360

Did make me chuckle loki. You just need to fire disapline man lol that or a big a$$ day sack and dump pouch lol

I aim to please... ;)

I normally only go through 400 rounds on an open day anyways, so I doubt I'll have too much trouble. I was just worried that there'd be some kind of elaborate ruleset that might hamper my GBBR scheming...

1 person likes this

I aim to please... ;)

I normally only go through 400 rounds on an open day anyways, so I doubt I'll have too much trouble. I was just worried that there'd be some kind of elaborate ruleset that might hamper my GBBR scheming...

I'd rather see GBBR's ahaha :')

I'd rather see GBBR's ahaha :')

What are you saying? Some airsoft guns run on batteries now? What kind of fascist sorcery is this?

Booked in for the Ruskie's, mid caps and camping gear on order. Well excited!

Great News!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor