Ravenscroft

Operation Cold Dawn - milsim

53 posts in this topic

Can we get any visibility on how many are booked in for each team?

Also, are we going to get a more in depth briefing on how the day is going to kick off or are we going with a surprise? (Thinking for prep / gear etc). I get that the day will be fluid dependant on performance of each team but it would be nice to know if we're going to be holed up defending somewhere / on patrol /on the attack etc.

Cheers,

Adam

Each team is split into 3 units at any 1 time the team will either be running objective, dug in to protect the fob ( forward operating base ) or patrols, if you look at description it gives a list of equipment to bring, you wont be digging fox holes if your thinking about bringing a spade, as for team numbers it will be posted up soon mate

Each team is split into 3 units at any 1 time the team will either be running objective, dug in to protect the fob ( forward operating base ) or patrols, if you look at description it gives a list of equipment to bring, you wont be digging fox holes if your thinking about bringing a spade, as for team numbers it will be posted up soon mate

Crack I've just realised I've not made it clear on the PayPal payment it's for the full weekend, any ideas who I would notify?

If you send your name on here or in the fb page saying bith days and which team i shall sort it for you buddy

aw Hell I forgot to say its for both days too on my PayPal. Robert kennion, both days.

This has been sorted so you both know!

Good work Pazza ;) you're on your own for Afew days, I'm on holiday with no Internet signal until I get to Anzio on Saturday :')

Again, apologies if this comes across a bit newbie, but what do people normally carry for lunch? I assume this is something we would be taking out with us first thing and keeping with us until we eat it?

Sorry, I'm finding it hard to judge how often I'll be back at regen. Do most people drop a bag at regen and just nip back there when hungry or carry this on them all day?

Apologies - first milsim weekender. Excited for it, just want to know what to expect.

Thanks for the help guys,

Adam

Game play will not stop from game on till end ex, to be honest nobody knows how often you will be at regrn mate, i personally will have sandwiches crisps chocky bars, and at a push a little stove to cook beans and make hot water, however you can come out of play as many times as you like but remember objectives depend on your team

Your best bet is to take a bag with everything you'll need when at the fob, such as:

-Ammo

-Food

-Batteries

-(If it's allowed) Jetboil, camping stove etc. to cook rat packs and make brews.

You'll get chances while posted in the fob to eat, bomb mags, sort kit and rest. You'll more then likely be back at the fob regularly after taskings to report back.

1 person likes this

Strangely the British Army Ration packs are delicious :P

Have lived off them for a full weekends quite a few times and they are always nice, just grab two 24hr boxes and a couple of 5ltr bottles of water, a jet boil and bish bash boosh you have a warm nice cooked meal

1 person likes this

Also food wise. If you but a pack of Haribo, take a few out in a zip-lock bag and chow down hear and there. They provide a really good amount of energy, again, as Dunk will tell you! ;)

Probably wont attend due to having my daughter that weekend and changing it over would cause a ton of drama!

Laughing cow can indeed sustain you as long as you have supplies of it :D

Haribo (as long as no fat fecker nicks it!) is brilliant, the Tangfastics are actually used by SF guys to give them a quick boost of energy. Also mini pork pies stuffed into a toilet roll tube and sealed is a huge reservoir of energy if you need it quickly!

But as I said a jetboil and a couple of Rat packs would see you through a full weekend without issues. Just make sure you have a clean socks and a comfy bed and you will be sorted!

I heartily agree on the UK rations being superior. Have they developed a self heat one yet? never fancied lugging a jetbboil or using those Damn hex cookers again.

How are we on numbers for both teams? I'd like to play allies, however at the skirmish yesterday a marshal (I'm fairly new, not on first name terms yet) was saying how Russians are very outnumbered at the moment.

Come join the Russians! The motherland needs your help!

Also, deserters will be shot. Just saying.

1 person likes this

Guys you choose who you want to play for if 1 team outnumbers the other things are in place to balance it out

Two more for the welsh warriors ok may help the Brit troops

Nashy

Tim

Will sort it on the next open day

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor