Ric

Sniper hunting feedback

11 posts in this topic

It was great marshalling today- totally worth the extra planning from our end. Cheers to everyone who made it through the gales!

Sniper hunting mission timeline:

Operation Forward Spear completed 11.40. Ammo dump held and snipers successfully held at bay.

Operation Forward Trident failed due to key losses at the arena 12.05.

Operation Forward Arrow abandoned 12.40 without losses.

Operation Hunting Trident completed 12.50 at the radio mast. Sniper eliminated but with some friendly fire.

Operation Hunting Spear abandoned at 12.50 in the grassland but 2 support gunners eliminated despite friendly fire.

Operations Searching Spear, Hunting Arrow and Searching Trident completed at 13.30. All objectives achieved by all teams.

Operation Vengeful Spear completed 15.20 near the ammo dump and continued by the radio mast with some losses.

Operation Searching Arrow completed 15.30 in the grasslands.

Operation Broken Trident completed 15.40 but with heavy losses. Snipers setting up for ambush towards the radio mast.

Operation Broken Arrow completed 16.00 and set up for final assault begun.

Operation Fallen Trident begins 16.15. Team Trident joins the sniper teams in a last chance to hold the bunkers and win the day. Successfully hold teams Arrow and Spear to a draw but with points for the day ending as follows:

Arrow 140, Spear 77 and Trident 54

It was a really good idea and an enjoyable day, a bit different from the usual which is never a bad thing. If I have once comment to make it is that maybe it might have been a little more interesting if instead of 3 squads I would have made 2 and then had a group of, lets call them 'partisans', maybe acting entirely alone and not too fussy about what they did and who they did it to! It would have added another element to the proceedings and perhaps spiced things up a little with the potential for a 3-way fight, or even 4-way if the squads started at each other!

Anyway, just a thought but I would be quite happy to see that idea run out again!

I will add it was an enjoyable day for me on Team Bailey. We dident think it would be as enjoyable as it was and even thou as part of the support for our sniper team involved alot of waiting it was surprising how fast time flied by. I think with us all ( all teams ) giving 100% it made the day awesome. As will quoted in the brief ' You get out of this what you put in' and we all engaged in the sim.

Last part of the day was made alot more challenging with the cross winds and was a nice finish

More than happy to have a sim day again.

I really enjoyed the day. As it was my second day I've not had chance to get used to the way things normally work, however I really enjoyed the squad mechanics we used. The change up to the medic system also worked really well and added a lot to the teamwork and tactics used.

Also team trident are clearly the unbeaten hide and seek champions...

Totally agree with Walker88...........Trident rule at hide and seek!!!!! Every f***er left us !!!!!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed the day and the medic system worked brilliantly.

Please lets do more milsim sim.

Do you hear that Ric.....................the winds of change to the medic system??????

By the way.........................................................TRIDENT RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to thank all participants of the day for making it a truly enjoyable experience. We are relay happy that it was well received and we are also, we are liking all the feed back that you are giving. We will be taking all of it forward with us, so that we will be able to put all of it into practice and refine down special event days for the coming year.

Thank you again

Will

Fallen Trident = freezing Trident! It was bloody cold up there! Ric do you have our team photo btw? Its that one where we're all blurry due to hypothermic shakes :P

Dan