Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lewismattison95

FPS Concern

8 posts in this topic

ok, so after i get my ukara i want to buy and all black airsoft AEG.

ive been looking at a A&K Masada Short Version Airsoft AEG Rifle

supposedly its 350fps

but on abother site the details given are in metres per second and it varies between 100-109m/s i did the conversion and its under 350 and then goes over

would this AEG be aloud on "the Hive" site for example ?

becuase i dont want to spend the money then realise i cant use it

Cheers Lewis

The simple but sad fact is that, unless the individual gun has actually been tested by the retailer, there is no way of knowing exactly what the muzzle velocity will be. Even then, chronos vary, which is why most sensible players will aim for a fair bit lower than their regular site's upper limit. Range is not all about power! Having a gun downgraded is not expensive, a simple spring change is usually all that is needed. Alternatively, buy from somewhere that will ensure the gun is under the limit before shipping it to you. Personally, I'd go for 320 fps max.

The short version is no gun under any circumstances will be allowed at any of our sites if it is more powerful than the site rules permit.

The short version is no gun under any circumstances will be allowed at any of our sites if it is more powerful than the site rules permit.

So even if i downgraded this AEG it still would not be aloud to be used on any site ?

So even if i downgraded this AEG it still would not be aloud to be used on any site ?

No, if it is downgraded to below the site limit, then you can use it. If it is over the site limit then you can't. It's what the site chrono says that matters, not what fps the advert or retailer says it is.

1 person likes this

No, if it is downgraded to below the site limit, then you can use it. If it is over the site limit then you can't. It's what the site chrono says that matters, not what fps the advert or retailer says it is.

Thats alright then, it was just the way the reply was worded just confused me. Thanks Guys

Not gonna lie, the reply says if its more then 350 fps you can't use it. If its less your golden. Pretty clear to me ;)

Not gonna lie, the reply says if its more then 350 fps you can't use it. If its less your golden. Pretty clear to me ;)

To Clarify " The General" Said ----The short version is no gun under any circumstances will be allowed at any of our sites if it is more powerful than the site rules permit.

;)