Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NiallPexton

Skirmisher Hire package questions

6 posts in this topic

Hello

So a friend and I are relatively new to airsoft (been to section 8 a year ago but still green as grass)

I saw the hire package included a full face mask, I already have safety goggles and a face mesh mask thingy that i bough a month back, do i need to wear the hire package stuff or can i just leave that out and wear my own stuff that i brought?

also can i hire an extra mag for the day? when i was at section 8 they told me i wouldnt need one but i kept having to fumble about with a bottle of bbs and an empty mag in the middle of a firefight so it would be good to have a backup on me

final question is about teams, if my friend and i book together will we be teamed up together or is it just a 50/50 that we may or may not have to go on seperate teams

thanks and see you guys on the 11th!

Niall

Hi from a fellow newbie! I've only been to a couple of games, and they were at a different F&O site, but I thought I'd give you my two cents until one of the more experienced guys gives you a better answer. :-)

In terms of wearing your own face mask, as long as it's up to scratch that's fine (otherwise even the veterans would have to hire a gun etc, just to get the face mask each time!)

As for hiring an extra mag, there's an upgraded hire package you can get which includes a second one, as well as a bottle of BBs and a vest to keep it all in. For what it's worth, I agree that you're better off getting a second mag. In both my games there have been times where I was grateful I didn't have to sit behind a tree for ages, messing about with a bottle of BBs.

As for teams, the marshals allocate them on the day, so at the safety brief just stand on one side of the group, near one another, and you'll likely end up on the same side! :-)

Hope this helps!

T

thanks for the answer, unfortunately the other hire packages arent available at the depot (or so it says in the website) so its basic skirmisher or no dice!

Oooh, sorry. I didn't know what site you were at (apart from the fact that the date didn't fit with Manchester woodland, where I've played). I suspect that if only the basic package is available then that's because it's CQC and so they really don't expect people to go through more than a mag in any one game. That being said, if you're desperate then you could always just buy yourself a g36 high-cap magazine and just bring it along?

being a cqb site and semi auto only you would have to be really spamming the trigger to blow 470 rounds that fast. If you ask on the day they may be able to help you out with a second mag for a little extra but you may have to wait until booking in has finished incase they are abit tight with the number of rentals going out.