MRC

Thinking of starting airsofting, qeustions and asking for advice (@ the asylum)

3 posts in this topic

Hello all, me and a couple of friends are thinking of starting airsofting{mainly at the asylum }and i was hoping that some questions can be answered and i can have some general advice.

1) is it worth the start up costs (both weapons and green fees)

2) im asking this as different parts of the site say different things, we are all 17 will we need an adult there (I know we need full face masks){also do the parents only need to sign the waiver}

3) will a Double eagle m83 and a k-warrior k010 be ok for starting off

4)is it possible for us on the first time be on the same team

5)is there a magazine limit / are we allowed to carry extra bbs(read somewhere that can be limited on some games)

6)what brand g36 do the hire packages contain

7)can someone show us the ropes without treating us like idiots

8)what kind of games happen on open days

9)how long does each game last

10)what do you do after calling hit (asking because research and youtube have different places with different rules)

11)recommended bb brand, iv herd bulldogs are good (also yay or nay on biodegradable)

12)any weird less known rules

13)out of interest are things like motors and claymores aloud

14)any kit I should get (excluding gun, bbs, holster, mask)

15)can anyone point me to a cheap rail mount torch

16)would it be ok having an Aeg,gbb pistol and a springer pistol on the field at the same time

17)best thing for valuables

18)urkara do my games now count towards the urkara when I'm 18

19)best style trousers will combats be ok

20)any tips for the asylum

// any advice or tips in general will be greatly appreciated

Thank you if you've took the time for reading and replying

Sorry for my diabolical spelling, grammar

Sorry If the formatting is messed up

I know some of this may have been answered before, but some posts are really old and things may have changed,

//We all have boots

Hope to see some of you soon

1 person likes this

Hey MRC,

Hope the below helps:

1) is it worth the start up costs (both weapons and green fees) – Yes, the extra money upfront for hires and green fees is well worth it until you get your UKARA and are 18yrs J

2) im asking this as different parts of the site say different things, we are all 17 will we need an adult there (I know we need full face masks){also do the parents only need to sign the waiver) – No, you would only need an adult on site if any of you are 16yrs or under, but you will all need to print, sign and bring this waiver with you –

http://s965.photobuc...218e8a.jpg.html

3) will a Double eagle m83 and a k-warrior k010 be ok for starting off – to be blunt….no lol if you’re looking for a decent M4 + 1911 combo I would advise a G&G M4 (Around the £200ish mark) and as for a 1911, I would wait until you have your UKARA and your 18 so that you can get a much more reliable and decent pistol to save yourself money and disappointment.

4)is it possible for us on the first time be on the same team – yes, stay together during the team briefing and you can all be on the same team J

5)is there a magazine limit / are we allowed to carry extra bbs(read somewhere that can be limited on some games) – if you can carry it, go for it J the games you see that limit your mags/ammo tend to be more milsim games aimed at regular players so look at them when you’ve got more into the sport J

6)what brand g36 do the hire packages contain – I believe they are “JG” but I could be wrong, either way they are very reliable, accurate, good range and great to shoot. You won’t be disappointed.

7)can someone show us the ropes without treating us like idiots – Absolutely, you will find that you won’t be the only new guys on site. All the marshals will be more than happy to help and make you feel welcome. The general airsoft community is very friendly and you’ll almost always want to come back and meet new friends.

8)what kind of games happen on open days – so many varieties its unbelievable J each day is different and each site has different types of games depending on the layout of the site. So come games in woodlands are better them playing them in a CQB site. An example of games would be things like: Attack and Defend, Clear out certain areas of all enemies. Capture a certain person or objective and bring it back to base. Or it could be a nice walm-up game of good ol’ team deathmatch to get you going J

9)how long does each game last – This also varies from game to game and site to site. One day you could be running loads of mini games from 20-45 mins per game, other days you could play two games that last all morning then all afternoon which has a rolling scenario to keep it interesting.

10)what do you do after calling hit (asking because research and youtube have different places with different rules) – this will ALL be explained to you on site by the main marshal. Its very simple, but I will let you find out when you arrive on site as each game is different. Sometimes you can go back to base and be straight back in again, other times you may need to “fall back” to a second base and wait for the next wave of enemies, but don’t worry, your never out of the game for long periods of time so you’ll certainly get your monies worth J

11)recommended bb brand, iv herd bulldogs are good (also yay or nay on biodegradable) – firstly…NEY on the biodegradable BBs (unless the sites says you MUST use them). As for a good brand, First & Only have been selling “Blaster” for years and they have never done be wrong J

12)any weird less known rules – Not really, but all rules will be explained on the day, and it is ALWAYS welcome to ask any marshal to explain any rules again if you are unsure, asking questions makes for a good player in the end.

13)out of interest are things like motors and claymores aloud – These are site dependant, but you may find that these types of things are played in certain games by the staff to add cool affects to the game. If you ever play at Bolton Woodlands, they use mortars in games to add more realism and fun to the game being played.

14)any kit I should get (excluding gun, bbs, holster, mask) – Good high boots, gloves (not wool) to stop you hurting your hands, and bring plenty of water to keep you going.

15)can anyone point me to a cheap rail mount torch – Ring this number 0161 727 8863 and ask for one J FAO Shop

16)would it be ok having an Aeg,gbb pistol and a springer pistol on the field at the same time – Yes, but honestly, you will struggle to move around. HUGE TIP – Don’t go buying a sniper yet, they are not what you think and they don’t shoot how you think….unless you sink some serious cash into it….trust me….me and my £500 sniper know ;)

17)best thing for valuables – DO NOT TAKE THEM OUT IN GAME, YOU WILL LOSE THEM! Lock them in your car or see if any of the Marhals will look after them for you J

18)urkara do my games now count towards the urkara when I'm 18 – Good question, but sadly I don’t know this one, check here maybe? - http://forum.firstan...a-what-do-i-do/

19)best style trousers will combats be ok – Yeah combat pants are fine, anything that wont rip and you don’t mind getting dirty J Oh and take a change of clothes incase you get really muddy or wet.

20)any tips for the asylum – Have Fun! You will anyway, but turn up early so you have time to get settled, ask questions and look around. And as always, the more you ask, the more you know, the better player you will be J

Harrison Out! :ph34r:

Edited by Harrison
1 person likes this

Harrison

Thank you for your time in anwsering

With the waiver you've posted a link to the photo bucket (I have already got a waiver ready so don't worry)

For number 16, i never mentioned anything about a sniper, but I wouldn't have brought a sniper for a while anyway

And why have you got random j's is it a couple people anwsering or something

Once again thank you for your time, any other thoughts and tips would be appreciated

1 person likes this