Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianFantana

Questions about 21/8/16 game

3 posts in this topic

Hi folks. I'm new to these forums, but I've been to a couple of FAO sites before and I've not long ago discovered The Outpost. Looking forward to playing some CQB :)

I plan on booking in myself and 4 other friends, but I have a question or two before I do.

So my question is: is it possible to rent guns on the day? I have an upgraded TM SCAR-H recoil shock that I'll be bringing and I want to borrow it to one of my friends who's coming with me; it chrono's at 335 - 343 average on my chronograph (Guarder Speeder 2000), however other sites have insisted before that 'their chronograph cost more and therefore is more accurate' and it's showed up as 349 - 351 on theirs. This was with 0.20g BB's, and I'd rather not pay for a rental I may not need :) So assuming mine failed The Outpost's chrono tests, would I still be able to get a rental on the day? I have a TM HK417 with a stock spring in it so I'll be using that, I just don't want my friends to be left without a gun :)

Or.. if they paid up front for their rental, and the SCAR does pass the chrono test, would they be able to get their £15 refunded on the day?

I also wanted to ask are there any BB weights that aren't tolerated? I intend to use 0.36g BB's in my pistols, is that alright?

Replies would be greatly appreciated :) I intend to book us all in tomorrow.

1 person likes this

Hey Brian,

I know this is a late reply after your gaming weekend, but hope it helps anyway....

"is it possible to rent guns on the day?" - Depending on how many hires book for your day will depend on how many spare hire guns the site has. If they have enough left over they MAY be able to let you hire on the day but if they don't have enough then your left without a gun. My advice on this one would be to use your own guns (Assuming your Scar fails the Chrono, you will have your HK417 to fall back onto) and have your friends book a hire so no one if without a gun then :)

"would they be able to get their £15 refunded on the day?" - Probably not, when you book a hire you are basically taking up a "space" so if you then want a refund the site can't rent that "space" out to someone else as it's too late and thus makes a loss on that "space" (Hope that makes sense) :)

"are there any BB weights that aren't tolerated?" - There are no limitations to what you use, as long as you Chrono on 0.2s :D

"I intend to use 0.36g BB's in my pistols, is that alright?" - Yes, this is absolutely fine and not against any rules........but......(and this is a personal opinion)...........you may want to stick with 0.2s or even 0.25s in your pistol. Imagine your face on the receiving end of a 0.36 BB at a CQB range...it's going to hurt! So yeah...not breaking any rules, but maybe not the nicest thing to do :wub::wacko::wub::wacko::wub:

Hope this helps :)

Harrison :ph34r:

1 person likes this

Hey bud, thanks for letting me know :) It's all good. You're right about the .36's in CQB, body shots wouldn't be bad but you're right that it'd hurt if I were to accidentally shoot someone's head. I'll leave 0.25's in it :)

1 person likes this